Search results

1. J

Long Gully Ride Day?

I recall seeing a thread on here about Long Gully ride day for the 10th of April. I can't seem to find the thread anymore. Can anyone confirm that it is still running?
  2. J

How to do whips?

I was wondering is anyone out here have some tips on how to do whips when doing jumps. I have been watching videos and trying to work out the technique. Anyone has any training techniques, etc? Or a link to a tutorial of some sort?
  3. J

First Time at the You Yangs, On Word "AWESOME"

Went to the You Yangs yesterday for the very first time on a hardtail bike and it was AWESOME. Thanks to Rotorburn, I met up a dude who was willing to show me around and taught me some valuable skills. Not to mention the advice and tips that members of this forum gave me! Did a few sessions...
  4. J

Newbie wanting to try the You Yangs

Hi, I just inherited a HT DH bike and would like to get in to downhilling. I was just wondering if there are any beginners out there that would like to get together for a ride at the You Yangs? I know that You Yangs can be quite intimidating, so any advice on getting started would be...
  5. J

Getting started with downhill riding in Melbourne

Hi, I am new to this forum and a newbie in DH riding. I have just recently inherited a DH bike and thought of getting in to it. I live on the west of Melbourne around the Point Cook area. Could someone suggest where I can get a taste of downhill riding. I have been looking at the You Yangs...