Search results

1. mikedh

I bought a Banshee Phantom in Bellingham, Washington 4 days ago.

It's got some old parts on it, just to keep costs down, hence the M810 stuff. I'll probably change the cranks in a little while. It could probably shed a bit of weight by losing the 2.3 Minions, but that's not me. I haven't had a chance to do anything but ride it through a few puddles, but I...
  2. mikedh

Thinking of buying some acreage next year for my own trails. Thoughts?

Hopefully this isn't a dumb conversation. As the title says, I think that in order for me to ride trails that I want to ride, I'm going to need a blank canvas. I learned to ride on Vancouver's North Shore and just haven't found anything in the Sydney area that can scratch that technical itch...
  3. mikedh

Recommend a craft beer to someone who's new to Australia

So I've been here about 5 weeks, and have been steadily trying Aussie beers that aren't Tooheys, VB, Carlton, XXXX, Hahns, Crown, Boags, Tas Bitter, Cascade, or Melb Bitter. I stock Coopers Sparkling at home, but they're not exactly my thing. So far the best I've found in bottleshops is...
  4. mikedh

So I just immigrated to Sydney from the States

Hey everyone, I moved here a few weeks ago under a future spouse visa and after my partner and I are married, I should be sticking around indefinitely. I've been using the past two weeks to get acquainted with my local area (inner west suburbs) so haven't hit any trails yet which is probably for...