Search results

1. guitar1234

Is it possible to convert a Giant ATX transmission?

If it's a low level giant, odds are the chainrings are riveted together and use a sort of lockring assembly to hold themselves to the crank arm. Basically you won't be able to change the chainrings without using another set of cranks, which in itself is probably over-capitalising for your bike.
  2. guitar1234

VIC Delete Please

Delete pls
  3. guitar1234

VIC Sold

SOLD! 10 char
  4. guitar1234

Increasing 'snappy' response of hydraulic brakes

I have non series Deore's on my Genius, and even they have been a rad brake.
  5. guitar1234

Increasing 'snappy' response of hydraulic brakes

1. Remove Avids 2. Burn Avids in desired method (barbecue, bonfire, dustbin etc.) 3. Purchase any Shimano brake (SLX, XT, XTR) 4. Fit said brakes 5. Enjoy the advantage of owning brakes that simply work well from the box Sarcasm aside, Shimano are far easier to live with and IMO, need to be...
  6. guitar1234

Holden Crewman DC ute

They really are just a long, thirstier commodore capable of holding some stuff in the back for a weekend of riding etc. Pretty much have the same issues as commodores (bushes and diffs as mentioned) too, but these are cheap to fix because they are common as shit Safety wise though they are...
  7. guitar1234

Another which car/4x4 thread

They're strong, reliable, and run forever if you look after them. Both the 4.5 and 4.8 really have no massive issues, other than being thirsty. I change the coolant in my 4.5 every 12 months, along with a thermostat just to make sure, as the only issues I've ever seen with them is overheating...
  8. guitar1234

Metal, Hardcore, Punk and everything inbetween

That was sick, hoping the flash-mosh thing catches on, that'd be freaking fun to do at somewhere like Federation Square in Melbourne on a busy day :dance:
  9. guitar1234

Buying first car - after advice

Google Porsche and IMS beaing in the same sentence and just watch what happens. In saying that the few I've worked on have been fairly easy to service, but anything more involved than changing oil and filters can get very expensive and can be a pain to do. Possibly the worst first car you could...
  10. guitar1234

Help with car. Wont start. Any ideas?

Putting the battery in another car doesn't prove too much, they'll like require different amounts of power to start, the same thing goes with your accessories still working, the battery could have just enough power to run your accessories but not to crank the starter. However it sounds like...
  11. guitar1234

VIC Sold

$650, make an offer, it's collecting dust
  12. guitar1234

Most mind bending movies you've seen

-The Man From Earth is cool as shit, not much action but it really doesn't need it, the plot is that good. -Looper is great, specifically the end which just surprises the shit out of you, I won't ruin it but you'll be watching it and just be like "waitwut?!" -Lucy was really cool, plus...
  13. guitar1234

VIC Sold

SOLD! 10 char
  14. guitar1234

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Probably wouldn't hurt to replace the top and bottom hose if you're not sure of their condition, but it looks like the inlet for the top tank, the part the hose goes onto is cracked, hard to tell without seeing it. Get a new Radiator, hoses (as mentioned) and thermostat just to cover your ass...
  15. guitar1234

Little Things You Hate

The first 30 seconds of this are a testament to that, if Kanye puts it in a video then it is likely true https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBAtAM7vtgc
  16. guitar1234

Electric Guitar

Just put a deposit down on this, Taylor GS Mini Koa e-FLTD, first acoustic after only having solid bodies for three/four years, I mainly play sitting so the smaller size is way more comfortable, paired with the fact that it sounds amazing for something so small, so excited :whoo:
  17. guitar1234

easy way to get uphill?

1. Purchase a sonic the hedgehog costume 2. litter your locals trails with gold hula hoops 3. proceed at a rapid pace, or in lamends terms "Go Fast"
  18. guitar1234

HELP: Venzo Headset Dramas!

Hopefully you can save it, but if not this is terrific hahaha :party:
  19. guitar1234

2 days in Cairns - Where to ride?

If you head to Graham and Jodie at Cairns MTB tours, they can shuttle you on Kuranda and are the only guides with licenses to shuttle the WC track which would be amazing to ride. https://www.facebook.com/cairnsmtbtours
  20. guitar1234

Park bikes and playful dh bikes.

Was mint. I go out every now and then so I'll probably see you around