Search results

1. T

Hubs galore

Well jus had a quick look at Wiggle and seeing that a front hub with discount is $250 and rear is $413 with discount. CRC doesn't carry them. Not sure if I should be looking elsewhere?
  2. T

Hubs galore

I'm thinking of building up a carbon wheelset and have always longed to have something Chris King on my bike. They're very pricey and was wondering if they're worth the extra expense or if there's something as good out there that's more value add?
  3. T

Chinese Carbon 29er

Let the games begin... So much good information on this thread. I've sent a couple of emails to see what's out there and then of course there's Aliexpress....what a find! I'll be venturing down this path soon!
  4. T

Hubs galore

Replacing the pawls...demo I found this interesting link to the earthriders website where Dr Dover actually demo's how to replace the pawls. It's pretty interesting and something that's simple enough that I think I could actually do it.That's one of the beauties of the Hope hubs...
  5. T

Hubs galore

how long.. How long after you had your hub did this manifest, and were you doing serious riding. Where is the best place to source this spare?
  6. T

Hubs galore

Pawl? What the heck is a pawl...sounds like an American dog's digit?:confused:
  7. T

Hubs galore

It's all happened I've finally got a bling HOPE pro 2 red hub with the mavic 819's...just beautiful! I was thinking of running the Maxxis Crossmark on the back as a tyre that really rolls well...obviously tubeless. Any other options someone could recommend? Thanks
  8. T

How To: Fix your fox flux helmet + pics

I like it... Big Chucks adapter to the Flux makes the most sense because of the the jargon about messing with the structural integrity of the helmet...not that the strap is a big player in this regard....but the idea seems simpler...good thinking man. I just got my new Fox and I'm really...
  9. T

Hubs galore

Hope hoops Those are the exact lot I've been looking at on CRC and Wiggle have some really good deals going at the moment with free shipping to Oze. I don't know anyone personally on Stans tubeless...but was considering the Mavic 819's?
  10. T

Jet Black 12 hours

bridge over the river...Kwai? Yip this was my first 12 hour event ever last year. The race was well organised and Jetblack where there in impressive style and support, amongst others. I was part of a team of 4 which was a pretty cool way of doing this event because it gave me time to rest up or...
  11. T

Hubs galore

I'm think of getting myself a Hope pro 2 rear hub and have been contemplating which rim to buy for mostly cross country use and some technical stuff. Does anyone have any recommendations of tubeless rims for me to consider putting on my trusty steed
  12. T

Rotorburn newbie

Hi a friend from the nobmob website referred me to this site...it's amazing..so much to read and look at. I've been asking a lot of questions about the Hope hubs for XC usage as I've been quite disappointed with the lifespan of my XT hubs...and as I consult and read more...there's so much to be...
  13. T

3 Ring Circus

Lord of the 3 rings One of my cycling mates completed it last year. He said he had the most fun ever, compared to other races on the circuit. I've entered on the strength of his recommendation and :D I'm really looking forward to competing and completing it.