Search results

1. M

ACT WTB - Small Hardtail Frame

WTB - Small Hardtail frame Item:**Small Hardtail Frame Location:**Willing to consider reasonable locations. I'm located in Canberra. Price*range/Willing*to*Pay:*Up to $400 depending on condition Extra*Info: ah?! Nup!
  2. M

TWE Carbon 29er frame

No idea how good or bad they are but one of the Bernard Beer riders race one with some success last year. So they can be a disaster. Plus they should come with a warranty which should make a warranty claim easier than with a china dist.
  3. M

XC 2013 Giant Anthem Advanced - update

I have a 2012 Anthem 0 (alloy - large) running: Cobalt 11 bars 1x10 with Widgit ZTR race wheelset setup tubeless SDG Ibeam saddle and post She comes in at 10.3kg as well.
  4. M

stay safe and stop on the red

Another +1 for this one. Oh and @ user name, grow up. I say this for the following reasons: 1. Learn to use a sign up screen and get a real user name; and 2. Of course you are going to see more roadies do it, there are way more of them on the road. What's the go guys, is bashing the...
  5. M

stay safe and stop on the red

Rag on the roadie I fully support stopping at red lights and consider it to be a no brainer on 99/100 occasions. Yeah 5am in the morning if you know a light won't change with the weight of your bike you might roll through after checking it is safe. What I don't support is people jumping on...
  6. M

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

Giant Aus have never been big on bringing in frame only deals. The frames you see coming in are most likely destined to be built up into complete bikes by your lovely LBS. Would be cool if they did though.
  7. M

Post your Roadie

@ scblack - hey bud, done two solid rides now on the SOUL wheels and I have NO complaints at all. Despite my 85kg they seem very solid and no flex through faster/rough corners. They spin up so damn easy compared to my old Alex wheelset and after a total of about 300klm now there is no hint of...
  8. M

Camelbak Antidote bladders

What? I don't get what your saying at all!
  9. M

Pharmaboy - yup 20psi lower than the guide, I run 100psi in both chambers. I have played with slightly different pressures in the two chambers which adds another dimension again. Just remember only change one thing at a time. Role the adjustment right to one end of the spectrum - find a test...
  10. M

Post your Roadie

Hey scblack - will do. Out of the box they seem to be good quality, nicer looking than I was expecting and the S3.0SL was only 6grams over the claimed weight - no complaints with that. On the bike they spin for a long long time when you roll then over with the hand. Will be doing a training ride...
  11. M

Dazzo - whilst the PSI guides are great, i find for me they are out a fair bit. When i had a decent setup done with the help of a pro and we were nearly 20 PSI off what the chart said and the bike felt even better again. This is on the fork, the RT3 wasnt as bad, but was still out on the makers...
  12. M

Post your Roadie

2004 ocr3 giant My roadie - 2004 GIANT OCR3. She doesnt get much love to be honest, but i decided to give her a face lift the other day. New SOUL S3.0SL wheelset and new Fizik saddle went on. I've also got a carbon bar and stem to go on which may give a little bit of relief from the full...
  13. M

Capital Punishment 2012

@ dontfeelcold - it may have been a guy by the name of David. It's one of his favorite places to snap from. If it was him check out this link and you may find your photo - http://www.flickr.com/photos/45916358@N05/sets/72157629940271049/ PS he is a regular pic poster on theberm.com.au Jez
  14. M

Adjust your tire pressure as you ride

I don't know about you guys but I've been successfully adjusting my tyre pressures on the fly for years - its called getting a pinch flat. Man it's always the smart guys that think of marketing the simplest things and make the cash.......
  15. M

Sold

10 speed yeah?
  16. M

Capital Punishment 2012

6-7? Wishful thinking bud, I'm betting on 2-3, 4 at the most. I think they are saying 18 degrees tops, but if the current wind keeps up it will be a cool 18.
  17. M

Is Majura under threat from road upgrade?

Glass half full I agree. A fair chunk of the lower pines will be lost, but as Joel says we need the training (cycle) lanes along the new parkway. Scuttlebutt that I have heard is we will still have the higher slopes up around the batcave etc and we may get access to the little group of pines to...
  18. M

Capital Punishment 2012

Hey baroo - should open on Thursday.
  19. M

Can you normally buy the Giant wheelsets separately new? If so where?
  20. M

Capital Punishment 2012

New underpass under the kings highway realignment has allowed linking Kowen as Sparrow - sweeeeeet! Short loop to be included through sparrow. 12mm of rain last night - which isn't too bad. Lot less than earlier in the year.