Search results

1. S

Are specialized bikes the new giant??

Rocky does sell a good number of bikes here but not enough to out number Spec, Giant, or Trek.
  2. S

Are specialized bikes the new giant??

In Western Canada Specialized was the most popular choice for years. Might still be but there has been a definite increase in the number of Giants at XC and endurance events the past couple years. Since the Anthem and new Trance designs arrived and specd well for a decent price they have been...
  3. S

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

The unknown Canakian is me, thanks for the extra pic. I haven't been checking in for a few months now since it is winter and ski season over here. Getting back on the trainer and picking my new bike for this year has given me the mtb bug again. Can't wait for spring. Missed out on the...
  4. S

I took some time off from riding to see your wonderful country. We covered from Adelaide to the Whitsundays in 3 weeks so no shortage of things to do. Next time I come will include more events. Thanks for a great race Russ. Hope to see you again.
  5. S

Finally able to post here after more than 2 weeks of touring around Australia after the race. I want to say thanks to all the riders, crew, organizers, sponsors of this year's 24 Hr WSC. It was a fantastic weekend and awesome course. Russ, CORC and Stuart put on a memorable event that I am...
  6. S

Thanks Russ. A bit late for you to still be up isn't it?
  7. S

WSC rider list? Is there any chance a rider list for the WSC race will be posted soon like there is for the Scott 24hr? With the race sold out and only 2 weeks away it would be nice to see. Thanks. Solo Steve
  8. S

SCOTT 24 hour 2010

2010-World-Solo-24-Hour-Championships
  9. S

Changing cleat/pedal/shoe system from Shimano SPD to..... ??

I used SPDs for about 3 yrs when I started racing but switched to eggbeaters about 5 yrs ago now. There were never really any problems with my SPDs other than the occasional mud but the CBs are easy to snap in and out of when necessary. I haven't had any problems with mine and find they clear...
  10. S

I have raced in 2 WSC where it has rained constantly for the entire weekend and the race was not cancelled. Before I started racing them one even had snow during the night but didn't stop the race. Lightning or more severe storms that endanger the racers would be the only thing I could see...
  11. S

Sounds good to me, it will be Canadian Thanksgiving weekend and I could use some turkey. Solo Steve
  12. S

Who said there was a disadvantage? Pit Row is always designed so all riders have to cover the same distance regardless of where they are placed. There is no advantage for any pit position over the others. The main reasons riders are seeded together is for media access and grouping of categories.
  13. S

They do try to seed riders based on their previous results at WSC and take into account the competition they raced against when qualifying. Generally Age Groups are kept closer together as well so it is easier to keep track of who you are racing against. All the best planning and intentions...
  14. S

When is it too wet?

And without the racers there would be no need for the organizer to put on the event. This is a chicken and the egg discussion. If the event permit contained a clause that forced the organizer to repair any damage due to inclement weather you would get higher entry fees for that contingency or...
  15. S

I have been to a number of the awards banquets for the WSC and always found them to be enjoyable. Even if I miss the podium it is still a great opportunity to socialize with people you may have just met over the weekend and congratulate the winners. Looking forward to the trip and hope to...
  16. S

Great to hear somebody mention that an Anthem X will be a good choice for this track. I will be bringing an Anthem X and an Anthem Advanced. Thanks SummitFever. Cheers, Solo Steve
  17. S

Thanks for all the additional information Russ and ebuk. Good thing I like riding in the dark. With regards to entering Australia with bike gear, should we be expecting any issues if we bring energy/electrolyte drink mix? Thanks, Solo Steve
  18. S

2010 24 Hours of Adrenalin Canmore 24Hr and Canadian Solo 24Hr Championships

Thanks for posting the updates and pictures. It was great meeting and talking with you and I am looking forward to coming to Canberra in October. Cheers, Solo Steve