Search results

1. k3n!f

TAS Fox Float SL Factory 190x40

Sent you a PM
  2. k3n!f

Midlife cricycle project bike! Sub 10kg with pedals and a dropper? *Bike built post #61*

I was stoked when I heard there was a new Yeti XC bike coming out, I was all ready to put in an order. Now I've seen it online I'm not so sure. Compared with my 2022 Epic EVO the head tube is 0.2 degrees steeper and the reach is 9mm longer. Otherwise on paper they look basically the same. Not...
  3. k3n!f

Newly Released Bikes General

Very close! I've managed 7 runs down Maydena on the XC bike in a day and finished with a massive smile on my face. That's a fair bit less than my personal best 14 at Thredbo, but the bus shuttles are slower than the chairlift....
  4. k3n!f

What does your day look like?

Had to work. Worse ways to earn a living I guess.
  5. k3n!f

Midlife cricycle project bike! Sub 10kg with pedals and a dropper? *Bike built post #61*

Sadly, each time I wash it the oil comes back next ride. It can't be much volume though, as I haven't had to top up the reservoir. In other news: This just got posted on the mtbr Yeti forum. Rumour has it Yeti is launching a new short travel XC bike. Perhaps I'll hold off putting these on...
  6. k3n!f

I don't get to make anything in my job, which gives me a huge amount of respect for people who do. I gave my dad a CNC machined part and he made a mirror image version manually in a day. 10/10 service!
  7. k3n!f

Product Review Newmen Advanced SL A.30 Carbon Rims

I have a Newmen Evolution stem and it is a very rare component that ticks all boxes as light, cheap and has no weight or usage restrictions. Great brand, I would love to try some of their other stuff.
  8. k3n!f

Alright, I've finally opened the box... The finish on these is really quite beautiful. I didn't really appreciate the hollow piston concept until I spotted them in RL. You have to see them to really appreciate how small the levers are. The bleed kit looks pretty well stocked. Very...
  9. k3n!f

Just to be clear, this brake has 4700km on it and at no stage has this small leak affected the power or performance (it is also probably my installation error causing the leak). My previous XTR brakes have 20,000km on them and have been moved onto my wife's bike and are still going strong. From...
  10. k3n!f

Interesting. I'm leaking out the other end, so it sounds different. Still, new brake day sounds legit!
  11. k3n!f

Interesting. Where exactly is this diaphragm located? They seem to be leaking from the junction between the lever and the brake hose which is why I assumed it was my mekanik skills that had let the side down. The photo above is after a day riding at Maydena, maybe getting the system hot is...
  12. k3n!f

Alright time for a quick review. There isn't a lot to say about this bike, because it is just good at everything. It climbs faster than my last bike because the suspension is more efficient (about 4 minutes quicker on a 60 minute climb) and it descends faster than my last bike, especially on...
  13. k3n!f

Rear tyre with 4700km I have really liked them. The roll fast, have great cornering grip and have lasted really well. They get a gold star for managing 4700km as a rear tyre without a puncture, and that is the LiteSkin version. I have no idea what Pirelli do differently with their compound, but...
  14. k3n!f

Sorry for the slow reply, I haven't been around much this year. They were just stuck on over the stock decals. They were vinyl and lasted for about 4000km before they started looking scabby, so I removed them. The only aftermarket stickers left on are the fork decals which still look great...
  15. k3n!f

The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

I haven't posted much this year, been busy with life. I have come out from under my rock to yearly confessional though. Working in two states with two kids under five while studying at uni has impaired my efforts, so I fell short of my 5000km goal. Although, the move to Tassie does mean there...
  16. k3n!f

Electric Vehicles etc

Tesla Model Y Long Range available to order in Australia today. I accidentally ordered one, then told my wife.
  17. k3n!f

The Woodwork thread

Made a bed from an 800 year old Huon Pine slab as a project with my dad. Pretty happy with the result!
  18. k3n!f

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Down NS then along the bike path back to the city. I'm not a total psycho ;)
  19. k3n!f

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

First week back living in Hobart, 4291m vertical for the week :cool: