Search results

1. X

The last movie you've last watched last

The original is in my top 5 easily - soundtrack makes the film + the badass wide scenery shots as well. The 2nd (Sicario: Day of the Soldado), not as good as the original IMO - but if you enjoyed the original you will probably still enjoy this one. Soundtrack not quite as good, and I think the...
  2. X

Apartment living, bike supply n working.

In a bit of a similar boat at the moment. I'm living permanently in a mining camp, I have a permanent donga room so I don't have to move my stuff out over weekends/when I go back to Brissy. But the walls are 3m x 3m or so (maybe 3x4m) with a table, bed, cupboard and sink taking up a fair...
  3. X

Little Things You Love

To be fair, so is car exhaust - but you don't want ozone at street level...
  4. X

work/trades...what do you do for a crust?

Mine Geologist in a coal mine. Some days I spend slightly more time in the office, some days I don't go into the office, most days are about a 50/50 split between outside and inside. The work is heaps varied and uni prepared me for basically none of it but I'm absolutely loving it.
  5. X

The last movie you've last watched last

I just got back from the flicks then. Ripper film! I only wish it went for a bit longer to see more of how things went down later on in the war.
  6. X

AM Sexual suppressor

I didn't agree to this!
  7. X

Bureaucratic bungholes.

When I worked at the servo I was working in a fairly ethnic area, so we got a lot of people coming in that I could barely understand asking for smokes etc. One day I was on shift with a much older colleague and a man of Middle Eastern descent came in, he was quite young looking and couldn't...
  8. X

Post your all mountain bike

So jealous mate - I was a few minutes late to the party on that sale ;) Enjoy your ride!
  9. X

Help me get my DH sorted

I might do further down the track, but I'm pretty keen to just ride the shit out of it as is so I expect a heap of scratches and stuff anyway. Thanks again for the help
  10. X

Help me get my DH sorted

Damn, I knew this was going too cheap.. Awesome, I thought going from avid to shimano would pose a problem. I had a pair of Juicy 3s on an old bike which were pretty good from memory, but I'm a bigger fan of shimano these days. Ok sweet, good to know and thanks for the suggestions - I'll have...
  11. X

Help me get my DH sorted

Hey all, Rookie with parts and building here. I just bought a 2008 Glory DH from a mate and the drivetrain and brakes are pretty beat up, so I'm looking to replace them with modern stuff. Firstly, it's got some version of Avid Juicy's front and rear (quite heavily scratched so not sure what...
  12. X

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I bought my first DH bike - a Giant Glory DH 2008. Quite a bit scuffed up and needs a few parts fixed up, but I'll give her a good clean tomorrow. Pretty keen to try my hand at some downhill riding coming from my old XC bike.
  13. X

The gaming thread

Does it look better on Xbox 1 ? I've been playing through Forza 7 - absolutely wicked, the controller with the individual force feedback changes the game IMO
  14. X

The watch thread.

Hey guys, long time no post. I was after some advice on two different watches - hopefully without breaking the bank. The first is a nice dress watch to wear going out and casually around the place, I don't really know what I'm looking for with regards to specs and things like that, but...
  15. X

Blood Racing. How fast do you bleed?

I did #18 the other day, I used my left arm which is a bit slower and I got 6 mins something. But the lady asked if I'd considered giving plasma, I told her I'd been rejected previously as my veins were hard to find according to the lady I asked. This new nurse said it was nonsense, so I've...
  16. X

2017 world cup discussion

Worked perfectly on my Xbox 360 app, stopped once or twice but that was the housemates chewing bandwidth. Not gonna stay up for mens though, an hour between races seems a bit much. They're now just replaying the women's one now.
  17. X

SOLD Please Remove

Just wondering if the sale went through with these?
  18. X

Blood Racing. How fast do you bleed?

Had a 5:01 on Friday, they were super busy and the needle was a bit more painful than usual - also bled quite a bit when they pulled it out. I think that's my fastest time, and that was on my slow arm as well
  19. X

Little Things You Love

LTIH: When Centrelink fuck you around for a whole semester. LTIL: When they come through with the goods right when you need it. Stack of bills beside me is disappearing nicely...
  20. X

Little Things You Love

After a bit of research, Philly is UPS' 2nd largest air hub. So for it to arrive there 12hrs after leaving the UK is pretty amazing. I'll bet it's landed in Australia in the belly of a 777 in the next 18-24hrs before Auspost get to it. Then it'll arrive in the next 18-24 days after that.