Search results

1. X

Help me get my DH sorted

Hey all, Rookie with parts and building here. I just bought a 2008 Glory DH from a mate and the drivetrain and brakes are pretty beat up, so I'm looking to replace them with modern stuff. Firstly, it's got some version of Avid Juicy's front and rear (quite heavily scratched so not sure what...
  2. X

QLD WTB 100-120mm 1-1/8 Straight Steerer Fork 26"

Gday, Does anyone have a 1-1/8 Straight Steerer 100-120mm QR 26" fork laying around gathering dust? My 'Zocchi Bomber 22's took a pounding last weekend and they're on their last legs - leaking a bit of oil etc. I'm keen to fix em up eventually, but something a bit better would also be...
  3. X

Camping & Riding near Sunny Coast

Hey all, I'm just wondering if anyone knows any free or cheap camp sites on or near the Sunny Coast that would be good for overnight camping in a swag and are accessible in a 2WD sedan. I want to go give those trails out the back of Noosa a bit of a go over, and also want to have a bit of a...
  4. X

Rear Hub Service

Just did a bit of a service on my rear hub - Shimano Deore cup and cone type. Anyway, got everything back together and the wheel spins better, but I'm getting a slight vibration and I'm trying to troubleshoot. So I reckon it's either: Not enough grease packing the bearings/axle Cones...
  5. X

Silly Q on seatpost clamps

Hey Looking at getting a new seatpost clamp, but not sure what size I need. Stamped onto the post is 30.9 so, I'm assuming that's the post size (should I ever need a new one). What size clamp corresponds to this, or are the dependent on the frame? Or would I be right in thinking a 31.8...
  6. X

Australian Made

I've been following Cotic on facebook, and they've just received their 'Made In Sheffield' certification - which is roughly similar to our 'Made in Australia' certification (if how I'm thinking is correct). Cotic, whilst being a boutique brand, is fairly well known - I've seen a few on this...
  7. X

Schwalbe Tyre Widths

Hey all, I'm just wondering if anyone could give me an idea on the actual widths of Schwalbe tyres compared to something like a Maxxis Larsen TT. Specifically the 2.1 Nobby Nic. Also, what are they like to seat? Cheers, Xavo
  8. X

QLD SOLD Shimano Deore M486

Sold Item: Shimano Deore M486 Lever and Caliper. Location: Brisbane, QLD. Item Condition: Excellent - unused. Reason for selling: Was Originally going to use it as a parts mule for my broken lever, but decided I need money more. Price and price conditions: $35 + Buyer pays postage. Extra...
  9. X

Knocking in Forks Marzzochi Bombers

Hey guys My bike has developed a knock in the front end. Took it to the bike shop this arvo, right after my ride, and they reckon it's something wrong with the forks. Cost of a rebuild is a bit more than the price of the forks which is what I was expecting anyway. The forks are Marzzochi...
  10. X

Snapped Brake Lever

Hey, So I've had a snapped brake lever for a bit - it's the lever for my front brake (Shimano M486 Hydro). Am I able to buy a new lever, aftermarket or Shimano branded? I had a bit of a look on CRC and couldn't really find one to replace the M486, which I assume is Deore level..? Do I have...
  11. X

Shell Arctic

Shell Arctic - is this website a joke or for real? Have a quick squizz through all the submenus on the left hand side to see some truly remarkable logic. My favourite is the kids only section; http://arcticready.com/kids Or there's this little gem from from the Kulluk page: "No oil...
  12. X

Brakes

Hey guys I need some help choosing a front brake. Its replacing my current Shimano M486 Hydraulic. I've been looking at the Avid Elixir 5 or the Elixir R. But I hear they have a bit of problem when it comes to brake rub - which means a lot of maintenance or something like that. My...
  13. X

New Tyre, first time.

Hey all, I got a thorn through my Kenda Nevegal rear tire today. I've decided to get a new tire because it was looking a bit worn before this and I was waiting for an excuse to change it anyway. At the moment its a 26x2.1 Tubeless with Stickee Compound (or something like that) and I would...
  14. X

Just 1 more recommend me a bike please thread.

Hey everyone, the names Xavier and I'm 16 and I'm looking at getting a XC/Trail bike. I've never owned a mountain bike before, only a Redline Romp '05 BMX that's currently in pieces. I haven't ridden in ages, never knew any tricks - I just rode for the fun of it and to get places. I reckon...