Search results

1. R

Lapierre Spicy 527 vs Norco Sight C7.2

I have my sights set on (I think) one of these two bikes. I know that the Spicy is "enduro" but it's the same frame, shock and fork as the "all-mountain/trail" zesty 527, but isn't butt ugly. Most of my riding atm is done in and around Sydney, but hopefully next year I can take the whole year...
  2. R

Deore / SLX / XT centrelock rear wheel hub

Item: New / Secondhand Deore / SLX / XT rear wheel hub. Centrelock brake rotor, 135mm Outside Locknut, 146mm length, 10mm diameter axle. Location: Sydney Price range/Willing to Pay: $50ish. Extra Info: I don't need the QR skewer. If you have tools/knowledge to rebuild a wheel, I'll pay you a...
  3. R

FLR Shoes

Bought a pair of FLR F-65 shoes from Reid Cycles today. Installed the SPD cleats, and they refused to clip in. After a bit of investigation, it turns out that the tread pattern on the bottom of the shoe is about 1mm too deep, and stops the rear of the cleat from engaging properly. Because I...
  4. R

Cheap wheel truing in sydney

Does anyone know where I could get my wheels trued and tensioned in Sydney for cheap? I'm not averse to paying the $120 or so it'd cost me, I'm just a student and don't really have that much atm. Failing that, anyone know where I could borrow a truing stand and spoke key from? I'm happy to...
  5. R

Trouble bleeding shimano brakes

I've searched and it doesn't seem like anyone else has had as much trouble as me. I've bled the rear brake on my bike twice now, and the brake lever still pulls all the way to the handlebar without any decent braking force. The brakes are shimano BR-M446 with BL-M505 levers. I've tried both...
  6. R

Newbie looking to people to ride with in Sydney

Hi Finally went and replaced the ride that got stolen, and am looking for people to ride with and/or show me some trails around the sydney area. I've been told that Manly Dam is a good ride, so keen to try that. I'd be mainly looking for trails and XC, with a bit of downhill if it's not too...
  7. R

Thinking of a Merida Matts 40-D

Hi everyone I know it's yet another comparison thread, but here I go. I'd just like an opinion on the Merida Matts 40-D. It's normally $800 where I am, but I can get it for $600. It's the 2010 version, with disc brakes. However a friend suggested a Giant Boulder 1, which I can get for $50...