Search results

1. D

WTB: Twinloc lever

Item: Twinloc lever from a Scott Location: Don't care, as long as it can get to Sydney Price range/Willing to Pay: As little as possible but what it takes Extra Info: I'm looking for a twinloc lever from a Scott as I want to build a combined remote lockout for both front and rear suspension...
  2. D

Is it OK to run a RP23 upside down?

Hi All I just wanted to bounce this one off the collective wisdom of the forum before I made a change; would there be any issues with running a RP23 (currently inclined about 30 degrees with the propedal lever at the top end) upside down so that the propedal lever was at the bottom end? I'm...
  3. D

Single Speed gearing for Jet Black 24?

Hi All After an injury we have had a late substitute into our team, being the odd boy out the new rider will be running SS. Looking at the profiles and Garmin laps from previous years it looks like it will be a challenge to find the right gearing to handle the hills whilst having enough...
  4. D

Best entry level MTB for kids?

Hi All I'm getting my 10 year old son a new bike for christmas and he's now big enough to get a small framed 26" MTB so I'm looking for input on options. He will most likely grow out of it in 4-5 years and he's not the rough and tumble kind of kid who will use it for what it was designed for...
  5. D

Converting Scott Sub 10 to MTB duties?

Hi All I'm thinking about converting my Scott Sub 10 Hybrid into a 'real' MTB and wanted to get some opinions on the sense or otherwise of that plan. Basically the bike is a decent hardtail just with 700c wheels and rigid forks. It's got decent components on it (XT Shadow RD, Deore...