Search results

1. knob scortcher

Garmin 510 consistently plotting straight lines

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has a quick fix or knows why my GPS wont track my rout properly but will get the ride statistics pretty spot on. I have tried google but not 100% sure what to search for to find a fix. Have a major race this weekend and would like to avoid resorting to using my...
  2. knob scortcher

High End XC specific wheels? Whats out there now?

Hi, have not been following along with the mountain bike trend for a good year+ now due to personal commitments and what not. Just beginning to gather information for a high end XC build i will be doing over the next 12 months. The main issue I'm having is deciding what wheels would be best...
  3. knob scortcher

QLD 26 inch AM frame large

WANTED •Item: 26 inch all mountain frame. Size large. •Price: willing to pay a couple hundred maybe more or less depending on what it is. •Location: Townsville, Qld. •Condition: can be scratched and have the odd non structural dent. Will be getting painted. MUST NOT be cracked or have been...
  4. knob scortcher

Wanted, a 26" carbon hardtail or all mountain frame.

Im looking at building up a second bike as a project. Wanting either a carbon 26" hardtail, or an alloy or carbon 26" all mountain frame. Dont want to spend to much on one. And probably wont be wanting one for a couple or weeks yet. Just seeing whats out there at this point. Pm me if you...
  5. knob scortcher

Bead hook-less mountain bike rim

Seen these and was wondering if there would be issues running these tubeless, to me it looks like it wouldn't securely hold the tyre on. Has anyone had nay experience with these or similar hook-less rims on mountain bikes...
  6. knob scortcher

1 avid hinge clamp

I now remembered i will need an avid hinge clamp since i lost one of mine when my commuter was stolen.
  7. knob scortcher

X9/ X0 med cage, type 2 rear mech, and shifter to suit

Im after whats stated in the thread title, Pm me with what you have. thanks
  8. knob scortcher

Garmin devices bought from overseas?

I need to get a garmin gps soon and im wondering if I was to buy one off crc do i need to purchase any maps for it to use it in Australia? Also any recommendations on any other sites to buy them. TIA
  9. knob scortcher

10wt oil in a fork that recommends 15wt

Ive sorted the air problem out on my forks for now and it seems to hold air with a new valve. I now have to figure out why my fork isnt using its full travel. So what i intend on doing is pulling the lowers off and giving the forks a quick clean and service. Now my forks (2009 rockshox...
  10. knob scortcher

09 rockshox recon sl travel problem and air problem.

I have a set of 2009 rockshox recon sl air forks that have two issues. The first issue is that the fork will lose alot of air pressure over a short period of time (24hr). They will lose about 40psi. Im guessing that the air chamber may need a service if air is escaping this quickly. What...
  11. knob scortcher

QLD Sold

posting for a mate Item: Fox Float Fork 2013 CTD 29er, QR, Tapered Location: Townsville, QLD Item Condition: Pretty much brand new, not a scratch on them Reason for selling: Upgrading Price and price conditions: $450.00 Negotiable Extra Info: text or call Matt on O418918445 Pictures: yup
  12. knob scortcher

QLD Sold

posting for a mate. Item: 2012 Giant Anthem X 29er (With New never used 2013 X0 large frame) Location: Townsville, Queensland Item Condition:Frame is immaculate, components have some scuffs on them. Also recently had a general service and hasn't been ridden since. Bike has always been in...
  13. knob scortcher

tubeless problem- leaking air through spoke holes.

I recently when tubeless using some tubeless specific maxxis ikons using stans sealant. For the first couple days after doing the conversion the tire held pressure like normal. I then had a 70km MTB race, after the race I noticed my tyre had lost alot of pressure. this loss of pressure occured...
  14. knob scortcher

QLD SS drivetrain, with tensioner

Am after a singlespeed drivetrain with a 36t ring, Chain, rear tensioner for derraillure hanger, rear cog maybe a 12-14t with the spacers for a regular hub. I dont want to spend much on used parts. PM me and ill get back to you. These will be going on a 26er hardtail with slicks, I will...
  15. knob scortcher

QLD 29er XC wheels

wanted some 29er xc wheels like some hope hopes or something i will have $360 to spend for now. front hub must be 15mm, rear hub 12x142mm axel. Want something light, easy to setup tubeless and strong in good condition.
  16. knob scortcher

what should i upgrade?

I have a 2013 Rocky mountain Vertex 950rsl I'm wondering what i should do to my bike to upgrade it. I'm not going to go tubeless until i get a good set of wheels so thats out of the question. I have upgraded the rear mech to a x9 type 2 and have put carbon bars on it. I will be getting an x9...
  17. knob scortcher

QLD Sold, delete plz ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Item: Sram X9 rear mech 10spd, med cage, white Location: Townsville, QLD Item Condition: Excellent, two little scratches, one on bottom of cage and one on the body area. Reason for selling: got X9 Type 2, want to get a RH X9/X0 shifter. Price and price conditions: SOLD FOR $35 Extra Info...
  18. knob scortcher

rear derailleur adjustment/tuning for dummies ??

can someone help me, I got a new rear mech and need to tune it properly. It skips from 8th - 10th gear when shifting that way but works fine when shifting toward 1st, 2nd, etc. What do? anyone got a decent guide that goes into detail?
  19. knob scortcher

SRAM X9/X0 rear shifter 10spd

As the title says SRAM X9/X0 rear shifter 10spd. Must be black in colour or have red on it aswell, no other colours. Needs to be dirt cheap or at least cheaper than crc delivered. Must not be abused or have scratches. Also Im in no rush to get these as im waitng for a deposit on...
  20. knob scortcher

how do you disassemble a Sram S1400 2x10 crankset?

I need to locate a creak in my bike its driving my crazy, I don't know which way to under the bolt cap things on the non drive train side? which way do I turn it and what else is there i should know? these cranks here >>> http://www.sram.com/sram/mountain/products/sram-s1400-2x10 (Iv'e only...