Search results

1. D

Chris King hubs for racing

I am thinking about buying some Chris King hubs for racing (BMX). Anybody using them? Don't want to spend the big dollars if they aren't going to make a big improvement.
  2. D

Nathan Rennie signs with BURGTEC

AUS retail is $348 according to Chain reaction (RRP is written beside the price, just in real hard to read colour) Damn that's a lot of coin!
  3. D

which cruiser bmx?

Thanks for the info. The Floval looks sweet. Any idea of au price? Also, what's GT like for race bikes? Was looking at the GT Power Series 24.
  4. D

which cruiser bmx?

I am thinking about getting into bmx racing as our downhill racing has come to a halt, but at 175cm tall and 31 years of age I am thinking of getting a 24" Cruiser. Anyone know what bike/brand would be a good option? Is a Felt or ABD any good?
  5. D

Which 4X bike for Ironhorse?

Are Sam/Bryn on the 05 MKIII Hollowpoint frames for 4X?
  6. D

Sorry guys, but what freeride bike?

Just got an ironhorse Ojiki (FS) to hack around on and i fully rate it for the money. I'm sure the hardtail FR bikes would be the business too. Ironhorse are good value this year.
  7. D

first dualy

Just got an ironhorse Ojiki to hack around on and i fully rate it for the money. Cheap price. Decent components. Pedals well. Pretty plush. Strong as frame. A pretty good buy.
  8. D

Anybody got a FOES Inferno?

mmmmm, nice lookin frame. have heard got things about this bike. But, if the curnett is the only shock that would be an issue. A mate of mine had a Foes Mono with a curnett that had to be serviced and turn around time was forever!
  9. D

HELP ME!!! What freeride bike do u recommened

The Ironhorse Yakuza is a pretty good buy. Good write up in AUS MTB mag. Got the missus the middle of the line one to get her started and she rates it. It pedals like a hard tail, but is still pretty plush on the hits. We paid $2200 for it new.
  10. D

2005 Giant AC

the parts are all pretty crap on the 05 AC. Since they stopped having a choice of AC models they have gone for the budget approach, which is good for those getting into it i suppose. maybe consider buying a good condition 04 AC with the better gear on it?
  11. D

Proof that Norba Sucks...

I guess the Norbas make a good training ground for the aussies anyway. Regular racing is all good. Shame about having no prize money though. Must be less motivating for the pros aye.
  12. D

More Kiwi Video Action - this time with a GT IT1

Nice one! Good to see some kiwi riding. especially with the Worlds there next year. Can't wait for it - all the pros in NZ! Saving for it already!
  13. D

Snow Season!!!

MTB Worlds will be sweet next year - it'll be winter in NZ!!! MTB one day... snowboard the next. Will be an awesome time had by all! Ruapehu (ski field) is only about 2 hrs max from the Worlds track. There is two ski fields, which are both pretty worthy. Just a shame they don't open it to MTB in...
  14. D

05 Rock Shox Boxxer Team Review

nice review. not too confident about an even slacker head angle though. I wonder if 8" is going to be the new standard, which might mean a change in head angles in the future. considering that new 8" single crown fork is out now ya gotta wonder how much is too much?
  15. D

2005 Iron Horse Range

the green is certainly an 'eye catcher' rather than 'eye candy'. the whole ironhorse range is sic this year. those FR models look sweet. not bad prices either. got the missus one to get her into MTB. she rates it!
  16. D

Synopsis DVD Review

Awesome flick. Up there with Earthed 2 for this year. Good to see some sweet Norba racing and the pros views on tracks and each other. Nice one!
  17. D

Fundamentals DVD Review

i got it from 'Fortheriders.com'. postage was $4. It is worth the money. Quite a few good tips that all make a diffence overall. Heaps of Aussie riding too. Nice one Dirt!
  18. D

Kona Stab Supreme Fabien Barel Edition - This is what racing is all about

Another interesting colour scheme. hmmm... what colour will be next? You name it - they've tried it. Maybe it's clever marketing considering all the talk it's got on this thread and probably all over the world. The design is a bit 'has been' but Fabien is pretty consistent on it. Is'nt Tracey...
  19. D

Rob Roskopp (SC Owner) @ Descent World

Rob Roskopp was 'the man' in the late 80's when i skating! Did'nt realise he's 'the man' of SC bikes. That Nomad looks sic. Looks like it must be a bit of an 'all mountain' bike? Have to check it out.
  20. D

8" travel single crown Manitou @ NSMB

any fork would've looked nice on that black M3. Looks super stealth in black. as for the fork - unreal to see 8" sc. might look a bit overkill on a lesser bike, but i'm sure the huckers will be stoked.