Search results

1. J

The watch thread.

I did a quick search, and nothing popped up in this thread, but www.jomashop.com has quite a few deals weekly/monthly, and might be worth a look for those of you looking for a new watch, but can't bring yourself to fork out retail.
  2. J

Large Shark catch and kill order WA.

Maybe WA could just adopt the Reunion Island approach. http://www.surfermag.com/features/reunion-island-bans-surfing/
  3. J

Large Shark catch and kill order WA.

Any burners have further info on WA's new policy of culling sharks over 3m found in in particular zones? Interested to know if they are only targeting "man-eating" species like tigers, bulls and great whites, or if it applies to all species, which would theoretically include grey nurse...
  4. J

Question for surfers

This. I have exactly this model. I just lock it to the ring attached to the towbar. Awesome having some peace of mind not having to think about losing your key in the surf - and easy for other people in your car to leave the water before you without you having to juggle giving them the key in...
  5. J

Bodyboarding - Help a noob

Have you considered bodysurfing rather than bodyboarding as an alternative? And by bodysurfing, I don't mean the sort of stuff your uncle used to do in the whitewash of the local beach in his sluggers. More like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOez2mFNk2s I bodyboarded for about...
  6. J

canberra? work/live/ride, tell me all about it!

I spent most of my life living in Canberra during my school years, and again for a few years after I got back from Canada. I moved to Sydney last year and surf more than I ride now. It certainly has pro's and cons, so I'll try and bulletpoint some things that I learned. - Canberra is super...
  7. J

Ourimbah’s first All Mountain race 6 November 2011 - RESULTS ARE UP

Dammit! I've been looking to get to a few all-mtn events, especially now I'm in Sydney and not Canberra, and I'll be O/S for this! If it moves to the following weekend, I am certainly in. Otherwise, I would be most appreciative if some Burners could point me in the direction of any more of...
  8. J

Sashimi grade fish

For future reference: Iori or Coo (same owner/chef) in the Civic bus interchange, or Mee's in Manuka. I wouldn't bother eating sushi anywhere else in Canberra.
  9. J

Riding in Canada

Hi Linda, The map and info on this site might help you with your decision - http://www.whistler.com/bike_guide As Mail Man said, River Runs Through it is a classic Whistler trail, and there are plenty of other trails of varying difficulty. Lost Lake trails are also nice if you are not...
  10. J

CAN 2010 July - Whistler.

I'm heading off in the morning for 3 weeks. PM me if you guys are keen for a ride anytime.
  11. J

Steve's Whistler 2010 thread... updated 18/08, Canadian Open race run

Hey Steve, Nice work! Rock rolls scare the living crap out of me. Have you ridden Tower of Power - on the road to Pemberton? There are a few rock rolls on that that are "s*hit your pants" scary. There is some footage of Mick Hannah doing a few in Illusionary Lines.
  12. J

Flying out of Sydney at 10.25? See you at the gate. Hux: Thanks for that. Will get in contact with them soon.
  13. J

Booked my flight yesterday. 17th July - 9th August. Can't wait. Just on my own, so if anyone wants a riding partner at any time between those dates, let me know. Otherwise, see you on the patio of the GLC.
  14. J

2010 Maribor World Cup on Eurosport now (Thurs 3 June) - until 10.30pm

For those that are interested.
  15. J

STOLEN 2010 Giant XTC2 - Ainslie, ACT

Bike: 2010 Giant XTC2 Colour: White with black "GIANT" logo Date it was stolen: Between Tuesday 12th and Saturday (morning) 15th May, 2010 Where it was stolen: From my friends garage in Ainslie, ACT. Specs: Basically stock, however it had a set of electric blue Jet Black pedals and electric...
  16. J

STOLEN [ACT] 24 Moon extremely distinct.

Hey, There is one of these for sale on the CORC website. The image link is the same as the one in your post above.
  17. J

53 hours, 20 minutes.

I don't know....With the amount of resources the US has devoted to anti/counter terrorism, I'd consider this a fail. This guy actually set off a device on one of the busiest streets in the world. If he had half a clue about explosives, and actually managed to detonate, there would be a large...
  18. J

The other alternative to ordering over the web is to take a trip over the border to Bellingham. Obviously, you'll need transport, but they have a pretty massive mall there where you can pick up clothes etc pretty cheap. Can't remember if there was a bike store there though. Then you just have to...
  19. J

Scott Sharples to coach the Americans!

Wow...Imagine how quick Aaron Gwin is going to be now!!!
  20. J

Whistler 2010

Absolutely! If you can't make friends in Whistler, you are either a complete asshole, French Canadian or dead. I'd bet you a day ticket that you will be riding with new friends by your 3rd trip up the gondola.