Search results

1. B

EMtb’s to feature in National championships

Just picked this thread up. I don't race but i do use both types of bikes from time to time. Combining EMTBs with normal bikes seems straight out odd. They have some similarities but its not the same challenge and therefore should not be part of the same race. I can see why industry commercial...
  2. B

Commencal Vs Canyon

Still think they can do better with design integration of battery. Good specs though
  3. B

Latest eMTB tech

Hey mate - emtbs are great fun. Because of the different modes of support they really give you the choice on what sort of workout you want. On the Bosche system the lowest Eco mode is like riding a normal MTB (it basically just counters the extra weight of the bike). Tour mode, sport mode (or...
  4. B

Latest eMTB tech

Yep - we accept shit service all round. Our political leaders are the best example. Paid by and elected by us but they don't listen to anything we say. And we keep rewarding them at election time be re-electing.
  5. B

Latest eMTB tech

True. I found these guys (Vic) to be pretty good and they only sell e bikes http://dolomitielectricbikes.com.au/
  6. B

Latest eMTB tech

Hey man I'm 45 you are making me feel bad. I have several bikes so I don't think e bikes are necessarily a replacement - just something different. My Haibike is good fun though. Looking forward to some warmer weather and cruising into work again.
  7. B

Latest eMTB tech

Haibike 2019 range announced and looks like they have developed their own motor. Bikes also incorporate front and rear lighting into frame (for nighttime) and better onboard computer. Looks like they are really pushing into new territory...
  8. B

Latest eMTB tech

That is cool. Finally they send a decent spec version here to Oz.
  9. B

Latest eMTB tech

Looks cool but thumb throttle is not a compliant pedelec so will have limited use within Australia and most parts of the world that require compliance with the EU standard (including 25km limit). Think the power specs are too high as well. 1500W.
  10. B

Latest eMTB tech

I wonder if its the same stuff in different bottle or if its genuinely different from normal lube. Sounds a bit like the different types of panadol that target different areas when in fact that was proven to be untrue
  11. B

Latest eMTB tech

Another lightweight emtb using the Fazua direct drive single unit.
  12. B

Latest eMTB tech

I think they all freewheel
  13. B

eMTB and eBike - third party insurance situation (not theft)

Yep that's correct. I have both RACV home (building) and RACV contents policies. That extract above is from the RACV contents PDS document which is the legally binding document. Also note that I have not specifically listed any of my bikes on my policy so they may not be covered for theft at my...
  14. B

Latest eMTB tech

I prefer choice of both. You can charge on the bike on Haibike or you can remove without tools in seconds (i guess you do need a key but thats because the batteries are worth about $1000).
  15. B

Latest eMTB tech

Bosch have a pretty good ebike range estimator website tool. I have used and its quite accurate for their systems https://www.bosch-ebike.com/au/service/range-assistant/
  16. B

eMTB and eBike - third party insurance situation (not theft)

I did some digging and this also seems relevant to normal bikes. The following is what i found out with regard to pedelec compliant power assisted bikes as per Vic Roads. I wanted to know what would happen in the event of an accident (hit someone on trail etc). My RACV Contents policy...
  17. B

Latest eMTB tech

Pretty cool bike. Hex wrench battery removal is a little annoying (Haibike clips out and has key). I think carbon frames are the way to help reduce weight but they are ultra expensive.
  18. B

Latest eMTB tech

I posted this up in old thead but its probably a good location to kick some more constructive participation in all things eMTB. Here is the latest that Focus bikes are releasing. The Focus Raven2 Pro. What makes this unique is the relatively light combined drop in battery motor unit...
  19. B

eBikes - what's the current perspective

Problem is its probably not in the major bike companies interests to support a universal third party drop in motor battery unit that works in their conventional bikes. If they can't build a different ground up eMTB then they aren't really going to sell more bikes. Lets be honest, this seems to...
  20. B

eBikes - what's the current perspective

Yeah pretty clean design. Motor system by Fazua. God knows how they can push that much torque through that design. My guess it they could probably make a FS bike with that setup for only a few KG's more weight. No idea but that might bring a FS version to say 16kg which is starting to close the gap.