Search results

1. D

Rider etiquette sticky?

This is my angriest thread. All the riders I've met have been cool af. I'm just old and cranky. OK Boomer. I'm not even a Boomer lol. Just Ok
  2. D

Confessions from the fuckwits

My confession today is that I haven't fucked up since the last fuck up. I'm expecting a major fuckup soon. But I think I may have fucked up with some double-sided tape that I just haven't realised I fucked up yet. I'm gonna head to Bunnings, grab a Sanga and ask them what can safely get double...
  3. D

Bargain buys thread

Hey guys Been out of the loop for bargain buys for a while, just looking to catch up on the best online places. I used to check out (mainly): In Aus: Pushys, tbsm, torpedo, velogear Europe/UK: Chainreactioncyles, merlin, wiggle, bike24 US: JensonUSA, aebike.com, cambriabike.com Seems to me...
  4. D

Was real suspicious about my carbon bars after tightening the brake levers and gear levers. Welllllllll, I tightened them to the stem torque..... They look a bit floppy at the ends. Anyone want some suicide bars? cries with carbon tears fkn check/measure twice, do it once.
  5. D

Rider etiquette sticky?

I dunno what to do with walkers on the fire trails and shared paths I ride anymore. Yell out "Scuse me" or "On your right" and it scares them - especially if they are talking to whoever. And then they yell at you to use a bell. I do actually have a bell (ride to the trail on road, and it's...
  6. D

Spent hours over 4 days trying to get a tubeless tyre on the bead: Must be the pump. Take it to servo and still no good. Order new pump anyways. Must be the tyre, replace tyre with old tyre I know was good. Repeat step 1. No good. Put back original tyre. Must be the new valve. Take out valve...
  7. D

Giant Trance 29er

I'm just surprised Giant hasn't come out with their own 28.25" standard*. *The 28.25" standard is (C) db_Is_Me and may not be used by any manufacturer. Don't go getting any ideas, you muppet companies.
  8. D

That old chestnut: chain dropping down off top cog when back pedaling

lol. Well you might notice I was talking about my RD. I apologise. I probably got my human technology incorrect. What I actually did was to slightly adjust the microvoltage on my flux capacitor infinitely variable torque sensing derailleur. Perhaps another way to say it was to try slightly...
  9. D

Chain reaction cycles

Somebody thought they were performance lightweight kebab skewers?
  10. D

That old chestnut: chain dropping down off top cog when back pedaling

I had a similar problem with the chain dropping and it turned out that the derailleur needed a slight tweak. Shifting etc seemed perfect both up and down, but when rolling backwards or pedalling backwards, it would drop a gear. I think the chain might have been a touch short too with a clutched...
  11. D

Best place to buy forks online?

I'm a fan of Manitou, and seen some manitou 'exclusive' forks on CRC that match up with specs of forks on alibaba/aliexpress/ebay. I'm not saying they are not legit and every manitou I've bought has been great. Maybe their 'exclusive' is exclusive to outside of China. I'd still probably buy...
  12. D

Disc rotor thickness

I'm riding easy stuff, but find it hard to pass up on the Shimano RT66 from CRC. It's funny that if you select US as country the 180mm price is more than the 160 and 203, but in Australia it's all the same price .... the highest of course Australia tax at work
  13. D

Carbon frame protection ... is it necessary ??

It's hard to tell, would any of these good for matte black?
  14. D

***SCAM *** Bikesworld.com.au *** SCAM ***

You can drop into the Bradman museum. It's great! But seriously, hope things work out.
  15. D

Lube recommendations/alternative?

I seem to spend most my time in the Lane Cove National Park fire trails. Sure I do some road work as well, but most times when I finish a ride, my chainrings, chain and cassette are normally coated with sandy type material. Just perfect for grinding the hell out of everything. Wet weather just...
  16. D

New chain - new cassette and tools??

Thanks for help/advice guys. Ended up buying an Icetoolz Essential Tool Kit from cellbikes* for $70 - apparently on special. Seems to have the things I need... at least so far. Much better than the $40 I'd seen around for JUST the cassette removal tool!! Picked up a replacement PG730...
  17. D

New chain - new cassette and tools??

Hey guys I am a sad noob with low end stuff. Please don't tell my to just go buy Saint stuff :very_drunk: Just to set the scene, I do most of my tough going on the fire trails in Lane Cove Park. Mostly dusty, sandy and small rocks. Buggers keep pouring cement on the good downhills. Often...
  18. D

Weekend North Shore bliss?

Hey guys & gals Been doing a couple of runs from Chatswood to Turramurra, but have been hearing that Pennant Hills to Chatswood, though a bit longer, is a better MTB ride. Then there's a mate that says he has a Turramurra round circle that is tough as! Can anyone help with advice here? Night...