Search results

1. W

Bowden Spur Kinglake - The rebuilding of a new legal DH riding facility.

Cheers Wisey! Can't say I didn't try. Also love the Kinglake (Northern) MTB club idea. Much more chance of people joining I think as it's 'local'. HHmmmmmmmm.... P.S - Also more chance of financial help if 'local'... i have a contact inside of Rotary who has been quite positive about putting...
  2. W

I went for a look... Politics is hard to understand sometimes... =( So how did the other 'to be constructed' runs get by this standard if they are to be volunteer built? All grey...politics. Not to be a know it all but Churchill is actually a NP also and correct me if I'm wrong but I think...
  3. W

Thanks for thinking of me fellas. Yippee... I think you see where I was heading with this. You came through with a pretty sweet picture though so you have me covered. I probably am getting bitter in my old age but I'm just frustrated. It is just that I have heard it all before. I lived in...
  4. W

Relax people! Time to take a broader view I think!! You seemed to miss a few points as well...... Doubles instead of tables...? Didn't seem to have an effect on the berm size did it? Barrow? I am sure I saw an excavator up there...? I also saw a kid raking the soft, so for the same...
  5. W

food for thought Welcome to the new millennium boys!! I think you will find it was a professional company with machines and a 16yr old labourer up their building and not some random with a mattock. They got PAID to make this trail. Maybe the boys at world trail should invest in a roller or...
  6. W

Really? The more I read in these threads the more questions I start to ask of certain members of 'the mountain bike community.' I think it is a little hypocritical to be yapping it up in one thread about how riding trails in the winter does damage to the trails, yet I can flip the page and...
  7. W

Looking for some DH'ers to ride with

Done.... Sorry about that. Although....if I know about it (I'm so out of the loop...) then I'm sure 'they' know about it.
  8. W

Anybody Body Ridden A Ski-Bike?

Ask first.. Hey, I agree with the above.... You would have to check with the mountain or be prepared to do some night hiking from your accommodation!! Australia isn't as open to new ideas as what you see in the US, people also have snow in their local parks to go rip over there. One of the...
  9. W

Looking for some DH'ers to ride with

Pick me, pick me!! Hey all, (or whoever reads this!!) I'm trying to get my self back up to speed on my old downhill rig. I show my age here by telling you she's an '06 Shore 3. I am 'on the pension' so I can ride anytime, 7 days a week. I have been to quite a few spots in Vic: Youies...
  10. W

Bowden Spur Kinglake - Shepherds DH trail.

Go easy.... people are just confused! Hey guys, Excuse me for adding more of these so called 'type questions' but I have been a victim of all this confusion too. Now I was lucky enough to get to ride the trail on the Sunday afternoon on the weekend it was open.:dance: I agree after...