Search results

1. norgan

Introducing your state rep for MTBA

Hi All, I've recently been appointed NSW rep for MTBA. I understand there is a lot of feedback for MTBA and am opening up this thread to feedback as well as the new facebook group "Mountain Bike Australia NSW". Please give your feedback here, good or bad it's all appreciated and I'll try my...
  2. norgan

Dirt Nights, monthly meet and greet plus swap meet for Sydney

We had over 60 people turn up for the third Dirt Night, our monthly MTB meet and greet night held in conjunction with Forestville Ferrets Rugby. We had speakers from Avanti Hellfire and Trail care with both St. Ives Cyclery and Avanti+ Narrabeen chipping in with prizes and free basic bike...
  3. norgan

Dirt Nights

Dirt Nights @ Forestville On Wednesday, May 27th 2015, 6:00:00 pm Location: Forestville Oval - Forestville Ferrets Rugby League Team More Info: Talk Dirt, Bikes and other interesting chatter. Enjoy some discounted food and drink. This is your forum for exchanging feedback, ideas and...
  4. norgan

[AM] Santa Cruz Nomad C 2013 "Cruz2" custom build - Finished!

This is my "10 year build", meaning I intend this to last 10 or more years, give or take some component replacements and upgrades over that time. Frame - Santa Cruz Nomad c 2013 Rear shock - Fox float CTD 2013 kashima Front shock/fork - Fox Talas 32 150mm 2011 Handlebars - Aozonic Risers...
  5. norgan

[AM] The new project - Santa Cruz

Hi All, So i'm part way through my new project now and thought I'd post some initial pics. The frame is a 2010 Santa Cruz Heckler. Paint is a Dulux colour called "Deep Ocean". Prepped and painted by myself in my bathroom hehe showers make great spray booths! Other bits: Fox Talas 32...
  6. norgan

Sydney MTB Riders Rides thread - Saturdays from 10am, Meet at Glebe in the park

Hi All, Finally i have found some time to schedule a regular ride date. Starting this Saturday and open each Saturday we will be heading off through the city and surrounds for some mild city riding leading into some nice meaty technical urban riding. If your keen for some city fun meet...
  7. norgan

Almost Done! Custom Gary Fisher hardtail - Paint, parts done!

This bike was originally my GT arrowhead, after finding some rather substantial cracks in the frame is did a frame swap onto a garry fisher from a mate of mine. The bike has had upgrades along the way, most recently being the SLX crankset replaced when i hit a pole at around 30km/h and...
  8. norgan

Stolen bike tracking

Sorry if this is out of line, I don't work for them or get any money for promoting them. but mybikeREGO for $33/year will give you some qr codes to stick on your bike that will need to be sanded off if you wanted to remove them, that allow police and general public to scan and report lost...
  9. norgan

Spring Cycle Sydney team member call

If your in Sydney and keen to do the spring cycle i'm looking at putting a little team together. Sydney MTB Riders is the team and we are casual recreational riders. I have jersey's available also so we look the part :) Sign up to Sring Cycle and enter the team name, contact me if you want...
  10. norgan

Stage 2 of my custom Garry Fisher

This bike started as a GT Arrowhead. It lasted me about 13 years but had some major cracks in the frame after all that. (downhill and cross country in the Blue Mountains). It then turned into a garry fisher. Anyway this is phase 2. I am part the way through phase 3 which is a custom paint...
  11. norgan

Replacing Fox Steerer tube - Worth it?

Got a set of Fox Talasx 32's and the steerer tube is not long enough for the scott frame i got. Is it worth trying to get a new steerer fitted? is it even possible? The shocks only cost me $200 second hand but i don't want to spend a grand buying new ones...