Search results

1. A

Whistler questions

1. I used a bus service from Vancouver INT airport. Cant remember the name. Dropped me right at my accommodation. Super convenient. Not the cheapest thing but definitely worth it. 2. I've stayed at south side lodge creek side twice. Easy enough trip into the village, 3km on cycle path around...
  2. A

Crank Length

Sram NX 11 spd are avail in a 155mm. Possibly other makes too but unsure.
  3. A

Sram 1x11 problems

I've fixed a few shifting issues on brand new bikes coming with Sunrace cassettes immediately fixed by replacing the cassette with either a shimano or sram. Most have those been 11 speed.
  4. A

The Born Again Wagon Wheeler

I'm 6ft and have an amazing lack of flexibility throughout my body. Riding a size large. I've never noticed the front end being low, I actually preferred the genius when i dropped the stem slightly to get my weight (lack of - 60kgs) over the front a bit more. Will possibly drop it again and add...
  5. A

The Born Again Wagon Wheeler

I've been riding my 2018 Scott Genius 920 for about a year now. Absolutely love it. Currently running it with 29 x 2.5's but have run 29 x 2.6, 29 x 2.3 and 27.5 x 2.6. If you can look past the mess in the cockpit twinlock works nicely too. It has been the best all rounder that I've owned. If...
  6. A

27.5 and 29 compatible bikes

For my local downhill runs it wouldn't be any doubt in my mind I would go the 2.6". Before i buy a second wheel set I'd be keen to try my wheels with beefier tyres, think DHF 2.5 and DHR II 2.4. For my local trail riding i would probably prefer my current set up. Just depends on your where...
  7. A

27.5 and 29 compatible bikes

Hey mate, Can't speak on behalf of other brands but do currently have a genius. I've got the 920 and a mate has the 720. Is awesome swapping wheels and seeing the difference in how the bike rides I've got 29 x 2.3" and he's got 27.5 x 2.6". One thing to know is when they're talking 27.5 in that...
  8. A

Direct Mount rear derailleurs...

Imo wouldn't bother. Makes it more awkward to remove rear mech. Can only imagine it's hard getting hangers too. Not sure what the go is for straightening them but can only imagine an old school hanger straightening tool wouldn't work either. Also limits you to a shimano rear mech??
  9. A

Is a 650b+ bike unsuitable for Cairns trails?

Everybody who has bought a 650b + bike at the shop i work at has loved it. I was a sceptic at first but everyone has said essentially said the same as above, difference isnt as dramatic as you may think. If you are concerned abiut rolling resistance a Kona Honzo could fit the bill nicely...
  10. A

Sold

Yep that would have been me then, yeha its preetty awesome I'd love to see yours!
  11. A

GT Sanction sizing?

I would have thought most at 5 11' would be on a large frame unless you arent "standard" in proportions e.g. long legs, torso etc. I'm 182.5 cm and on a a large lapierre (461mm reach) with a 55 mm stem. It fits me great. It will also come down to variables such as seatube angle, bar...
  12. A

Sold

These forks are 15 x 100mm (non boost) How do you like the 160mm fork? Ive got 150mm pikes and deemax pros on mine!
  13. A

Sold

Assuming new bike is a Zesty Am? If so awesome rig you'll love it.
  14. A

what's better than a norco sight for $3-5k?

I ride an AM bike in Canberra. Last year I owned a sight A7.1 (think kermit the frog green) which was a fun bike and climbed decently. Currently on a Lapierre Zesty AM 527. The Lapierre excedes the bike in everyway in my opinion. Climbs better and decends faster. I sat on a santa cruz...
  15. A

Sola Sport ?

Been waiting nearly a month on a shock through them at work now. Was told it was done 3 weeks ago. Calling only got me as far as "I'll chase it up for you".... Called them out on it and eventually got an answer from them saying work hadnt been done. Also have sent plenty shocks away...
  16. A

Bikes Damaged in Car Accident - Insurance?

Glad to hear you guys were successful.
  17. A

Bottle Cages with tool storage - What are the options?

For those who need a side pull- https://www.topeak.com/global/en/products/ninja-series/847-ninja-t-mountain Wish i got one of these when my Topeak Ninja TC didn't fit my bike
  18. A

VIC SOLD 2016 Lapierre Zesty XM 327

Free bump for an awesome rig. Anyone who has ridden one will know how capable these trail bikes are.
  19. A

2017 Banshee Phantom or Kona Process 111 Frame?

I Cant comment on Phantom vs 111 but I do work in a shop that sells Kona and we haven't had one warranty issue with a single Kona. That says a lot about the brand.
  20. A

ACT Admin - please delete thread

please delete thread. Cheers