Search results

1. silentbutdeadly

Snakes

E Either cold or crook. That's a big one...and therefore old. Many of us can relate, I'm sure...
  2. silentbutdeadly

You laugh you lose

3. silentbutdeadly

Thinking of giving a gravel bike a crack

I run the same bars on the hardtail XC MTB that's been 'converted' to a gravel bike. If the riding is straightforward and I want to pretend I'm aero then I just move my hands to either side of the stem. Mind you, these are Answer pro taper 20-20 bars that are probably only 700 and something mm...
  4. silentbutdeadly

Rotator Cuff Torn

M'lady's frozen shoulder took 18 months to come completely good with regular stretching exercises. No cortisone...
  5. silentbutdeadly

XC Fairlight has arrived....

Go and get the damn thing dirty.....I dare you.
  6. silentbutdeadly

Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

There's a lot of clams like this but not a pippi of evidence.
  7. silentbutdeadly

Little Things You Hate

You know what...it actually shouldn't. It should mean that our roads should be safer for all legitimate road users. But, of course, it fucking won't.
  8. silentbutdeadly

Little Things You Love

Isn't that why you're here?
  9. silentbutdeadly

Flakey/Flawed Physics Friday

I'm not admitting to anything...
  10. silentbutdeadly

Electric Vehicles etc

On the other hand, lightning is fucking awesome...and makes trees explode.
  11. silentbutdeadly

What might have been......

A decade or so ago in my 40s ...yeah, I used to wonder occasionally but these days not so much. The only thing I know is that the many choices I've made over the years have made me who I am now. And I quite like the person I am. And I might not like what I could've been.
  12. silentbutdeadly

You laugh you lose

That's how I clean my bike...
  13. silentbutdeadly

Signa Sports with Liquidity issues .... (CRC/Wiggle/Probike/Nukeproof/Vitus)

Yep. Same clown that 'rescued' Evans. So that's the end of that...
  14. silentbutdeadly

What are you listening to NOW?

New album from Four Tet called 'Three' was released yesterday. Down tempo electronica for those unfamiliar. https://fourtet.bandcamp.com/album/three There's a physical release (CD and vinyl) coming into Oz very soon.
  15. silentbutdeadly

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I did nothing with my bike today. But I did service and modify a riding buddies bike. Said riding buddy is an ex school teacher that has just started riding again in her mid sixties. She and her friend (who is riding an ancient Speedwell Madison) trundle about with the coffee crew a couple of...
  16. silentbutdeadly

Burners' Backyards: Veggies, Gardening, Landscape & Design

Finally sorted Stage 1 of the retaining wall out the front. The rest will get done after the slab is extended (with a ring beam) and the new verandah addition is up. So that could take a while. I've averaged two gabion baskets a day...
  17. silentbutdeadly

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rode as many kilometres as the years on my body...long may the tradition continue.
  18. silentbutdeadly

You laugh you lose

Let's not 'judge' anyone...
  19. silentbutdeadly

Bike wash $WTF

CT18 for the once a year car wash. Though I did buy a Repco foam cannon and their pink foamy stuff last year and that sort of worked so I might try it with CT18 next time. I don't wash the bikes very often. They get a hose occasionally. If they are still dirty then a microfiber cloth and...
  20. silentbutdeadly

You laugh you lose

Clearly never ridden...