Search results

1. Carlosjames64

SA 2006-2008 Boxxer Race Stanchion

Item: 2006-2008 Boxxer Stanchion Location: Adelaide, SA Price range/Willing to Pay: Upwards of $150 for a single leg Extra Info: After a good condition leg for some 2006-2008 Boxxer Race's. Only after one leg, and it doesn't matter what side, as they're both the same.
  2. Carlosjames64

DIY Chainguide/tensioner

Following up from my post yesterday, I set out to make my own. http://imgur.com/a/qX9QJ Originally with the plan of making one kind of like the Bionicon C Guide, it eventually evolved into me finding an old rear derailleur in my box of "crap". I scavenged one of the pulleys from it, and...
  3. Carlosjames64

3x10 Chain guides

Anyone had much experience with running a "chain guide" with a 3x10 setup? I'm looking at getting one (or making one) cause i'm sick of having to run in the middle ring all the time so it doesn't drop... Any help would be appreciated :)
  4. Carlosjames64

SA Easton Monkey Lite XC SOLD

Item: Easton Monkey Lite XC Handlebars Location:Adelaide Item Condition:Used, few scratches from having things attached to it, but otherwise great condition Reason for selling:Surplus Price and price conditions:$50 - Would prefer pickup, but can post interstate at buyers expense Extra...
  5. Carlosjames64

SA Front Hydraulic Brake System

Item: Shimano Front Hydraulic System Location: Adelaide Price range/Willing to Pay: $20-$50 Extra Info: Preferably after one to match the rear, pics included. But if not, something reasonably cheap. (Replacing a leaking Tektro lever) Must be right lever too. Any other questions feel...
  6. Carlosjames64

Ricardo Project Bike

Hey guys, i have recently picked up a very old Ricardo bike to do up and hopefully sell. But I have absolutely no clue about the bike (apart from the fact that its a Ricardo). If you know anything about the bike, please let me know. Thanks :)
  7. Carlosjames64

URGENT-26 inch Forks

Item: Any mainstream brand of front fork Location: Adelaide, but may pay for postage Price range/Willing to Pay: $50-$100 Extra Info: I am in dire need of some front forks, my old forks died the other day, and i cant find anywhere that will service them. Needs to be normal QR, and...
  8. Carlosjames64

Road Rides Around Adelaide

Hey guys, im fairly new to road riding, and have picked myself up a 2008 avanti cadent 3.0. I am just wondering what groups there are around the salisbury/elizabeth area that do weekly/fortnightly road rides. And what good routes are around the same area, i am looking for anything from between...
  9. Carlosjames64

Dirt Jumping in adelaide

Hey guys, i live in Hillbank (which is between elizabeth and salisbury) and am just getting into dirt jumping. i am wondering if there is any good dirt jump tracks around there, i would prefer not to go into the city just to ride. thanks :)
  10. Carlosjames64

2009 Avanti Derelikt ltd

Hey guys, i am looking at getting a 2009 avanti derelikt ltd, and am just wondering, what i should look out for, as in faults and stuff. Thanks
  11. Carlosjames64

Broken Dropout

Hey guys, i have been given a 2007 norco rival with Marzocchi DJ4's, and the left side dropout is broken off. Im wondering, is this normal? the bike has been made into a single speed, so i think it may have been used for dirt/park, but im pretty sure that dropouts are pretty hard to break. So...
  12. Carlosjames64

Dirt Jumper frame(and or forks)

Item: Im looking to buy a dirt jumper frame or some marzocchi dirt jumpers Location: SA Price range/Willing to Pay: $50-$100 Extra Info: SA only, but will be happy to negotiate postage
  13. Carlosjames64

SA Dirt Jump Forks

Item: Dirt Jump Forks Location: Adelaide, SA Price range/Willing to Pay:$50-$100 Extra Info: Normal QR on front, Disc Mounting, anywhere from 80-120mm travel, 1 1/8 diameter Steerer. Preferably Marzocchi, but anything else will do.
  14. Carlosjames64

Dirt Jump Forks

hey all, i am currently building up a norco dj bike, and am wondering if anyone has some cheap dj forks that they want to get rid of? preferably marzocchi dirt jumpers, with quick release (im not forking out more money to get a new hub).
  15. Carlosjames64

Mystery Bike

hi all, i have a Raleigh Record which i have been given, and am trying to find out about the bike (what year/specs)i have the serial from under the bottom bracket (WK4001589)would any "older" bike enthusiasts be able to tell me anything about it?
  16. Carlosjames64

Adelaide Bike show

What has happened to the Adelaide Bike show? it was supposed to happen a few years ago, but was then rescheduled to last year. but then nothing happened from there?
  17. Carlosjames64

Helmet Cams

Im looking at getting a new helmet cam/camcorder, and am wondering what my different options are. i have been looking at the Contour range, especially the GPS but also the GoPro. What do you reccommend and what are the different pros and cons about the different cameras?
  18. Carlosjames64

Loose Steerer

Hey, i have just got a pair of '01 rockshox psylo's and the steerer tube keeps coming loose, i have taken it ino my local bike shop, but the guy in there said its f***ed. I am just wondering what i would be able to do to "Fix" the problem. buying a new set is my absolute last resort at the moment.