Search results

1. U

Need a new ANT+ heart rate strap - the garmin one with my 510 doesn't work reliably

I had problems with the Garmin straps and recently bought a Wahoo which has been working fine for the 3 months I've had it. It has ANT+ and Bluetooth so can pair it with the Garmin 510 or directly to the phone if I'm not running the Garmin.
  2. U

My mountain bike got insulted today

I came across the same guy and stopped to check if he needed any help and he asked if my bike was a mountain bike or a 29". My bike is a 29" but he declined the tube. I thought the question was a bit strange, my F29 looks like a mountain bike to me.
  3. U

Which 29er? Cannondale Flash or Rocky Mountain Vertex

Thanks for the offer, unfortunately I'm in Sydney and don't get down south to ride very often. There are a couple of stores around Sydney - I should be able to get a ride on something close to what I'm looking at. Cheers
  4. U

Thanks for the recommendations, I think I will be going the hardtail option. I don't think I would be disappointed by either bike going off the comments. Timing isn't too much of an issue and if I have to wait for a bike I'm not to concerned. Now I need to get a ride on one of each and make a...
  5. U

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not expecting dually like compliance but a little bit of flex would help. I will be changing from a 26 Anthem to a 29 hardtail so I figure the increase in wheel size will also help soften the ride a little. As for the lefty, I haven't ridden a lefty before but heard...
  6. U

I'm looking for a 29er for endurance races(100km races and some stage races). Originally I was looking at full suspension but there are a few hardtails that look like they might suit my needs. I have been looking at the Cannondale Flash 29er which looks like it would not be too harsh for a...
  7. U

Mountains to Beach

I'm not sure about the weather, hopefully it clears up over the weekend. I did this race last year and had a great time, It was my first stage race. Pace yourself and book in for a couple of massages to loosen the legs up between stages. Huw and the team look after you well. I'm jealous...
  8. U

100km Capital Punishment Wanted

Looking for an entry in the 100km Capital Punshment. PM or call me on 0402 128 061. Cheers Peter
  9. U

VIC 2012 Kona (Otway) Odyssey

I'm in, it took a 4 attempts but got there eventually. This will be my first Odyssey being from Sydney but look forward to it after hearing so much about it for the last couple of years. Now I just need to sort out the logistics of where to stay. Do most people stay in Forrest and do the shuttle...
  10. U

Wanted - Half Fling Entry

Hi, I have a mate who is looking for an entry in the Half Fling. PM me if you have an entry you are looking to sell. Cheers Peter
  11. U

Stan's Crest rims are they really as soft as people make out?

I have been running Stan's Crest rims on my Anthem for the last 12 months with DT 240 hubs and rate them highly, I can't say if a HT would be much different. I weigh around 85kg and have not dinged them yet despite my lack of technical skill.
  12. U

Husky 50 km entry for sale $50

Husky 50k Entry Hi, I'm looking for a 50k entry, is this still available? If so how much do you want for it? PM me if not already sold.