Search results

1. B

NSW WTB 26inch disk wheels QR QR cheap as possible

HI I am after some cheapo entry level qr disk wheels for as cheap as possible for my nephews bike. Don't want to spend more than $50 Midnorth coast area or Newcastle if possible. Maybe Sydney around Hills area. Thanks Nick
  2. B

Dodgy as feck?

dodgy as I bought some rotors off you Moorey without any trading access. Just had to pm you. Only cost a bag of dicks too
  3. B

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

tyre weeping I have a tubeless set up for my commuter Maxxis Crossmarks. The sealant is weeping out the tread of the tire. There is heaps of holes in this thing from glass. Should the sealant "Stans" brand create a permanent seal on each puncture or is this weeping normal? Half my commute is...
  4. B

Critique my training program.

Hi I would like to improve the way I train so I can improve my lap times a bit. Currently I are probably around 3-4minutes slower than my mates over a 10km loop and while some of this is technique, a fair bit is fitness on a MTB because I can match them on a roadie. I are Male aged 44 weigh...
  5. B

Non-tapered fork in Giant Anthem 2011 29er

Thanks pharma boy. Do think that would work with the stock 1.5 FSA headset or would I have to buy a 1.5 hope headset as well?
  6. B

Non-tapered fork in Giant Anthem 2011 29er

Hi I have a 2011 Giant Anthem 29er frame and can get a good price on straight steerer fork. Can some one tell me which lower headset would be suitable for this combination. I am after something reasonable priced if possible. Thanks
  7. B

Fork for an Amnthem 29er 2011

I am basically after a fork for my 2011 Anthem 29er. Looking for something second hand around the $3-400 mark. I would be happy with the standard fox one if I could find one in that price range. What else would be suitable and similar or better than the fox in that sort of price with a 15mm axle...
  8. B

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

Helmet mounting Has any of these cheap lights got a reasonable helmet mount?
  9. B

Rim advice please?

Starbike You can get them at starbike for around 100 http://www.starbike.com/p/Mavic-EX-823-Disc-UST-298-en I just got one from them with no issues
  10. B

Plugging a tubeless tyre

I have a hole in the tread of the tyre which wont stay permanently sealed. Has anyone used this type of plugging device to fix the hole and does it work? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Innovations-Tubeless-tire-repair-kit-/180933307723?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a20772d4b Cheers Nicko
  11. B

Forster/Hallidays Point?

Forster to Hallidays Ridings great up here- I ride from Hallidays to Forster 3 times a week for work half fire trails half tar. Plenty of fire trails to the north of Hallidays plus there is the Kiwarrak and thats awesome. Cheers Nicko
  12. B

Newbie, which bike ???

Boulder I have a Boulder and while it is reasonably solid and ok value its not that great as a mountain bike. The gearing is too high with a 28/38/48 front chain ring and the mechanical brakes require constant adjustment and its a bit heavy- I clock up about 120km a week on it and half of that...
  13. B

Giant Trance Rear shock removal

Can anyone advise me which way the lower bolt of the rear shock of a Giant Trance X1 2008 should go. I removed the shock last night to put new seals in it and and found the thicker section of the bolt/bush unit was pushed in from the chain ring side. This meant I had to remove the chain rings to...