Search results

1. A

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

You have to wonder where places like MTB direct fit in, given that many of their items are priced similarly to bike shops. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. A

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Dang that looks nice Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. A

2021 Trans Tasmania Enduro

Devo for you mate. I have been following your training in the lead up to this event and I don’t think anyone else would have put in the hours you have. Next year! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. A

Wow that is pretty good! Looking at their shipping prices, they are much cheaper than others. Might be a go. Jensen has 15% off today too. Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. A

Thanks- looks good but postage is about $130 given the size of the box…Pushys here I come. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. A

Anyone used a freight forwarding service in the US to buy stuff from Jensen USA? Need new full face, Pushys and MTB direct have limited stock and prices to take the piss. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. A

Mavic Deemax seized spokes

I ended up getting a pair of DT Swiss ex511's laced to industry nine hydra hubs from Raild. Hamish was great to deal with and I would recommend to all. The wheels are amazing and feel bulletproof. Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
  8. A

Confirmed bullshit proprietary size. I will try some lube and see how I go. Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
  9. A

Hi all, Looking for any advice - I'm running a pair of Deemax 29er on my Pole Stamina. They were faultless for the first 12 months and at about 14 months I booked them in for a true up. Some of the spokes are seized and won't budge, the shop trued them up as best as possible but I'm now stuck...
  10. A

2021 Trans Tasmania Enduro

Move to November means the race might be on for me. Has anyone looked into travel insurance and have any recommendations? Thanks Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
  11. A

Tyre inserts - Tried them yet?

I'm 78kg and on a Pole Stamina 140. A lot of rocky/loose over hard trails. I have heard good things about the 2.5 aggressor. I might try that one next. Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
  12. A

Tyre inserts - Tried them yet?

Didn't want to start a new thread so thought I would hijack this one. I've got a pair of Mavic Deemax 29er wheels that I've had for a year. I have been through six rear tyres in 12 months, all of them destroyed by punctures and sidewalk tears. 5/6 have all been Maxxis and had the normal EXO...
  13. A

Bargain buys thread

There is also a 5% tariff on importation on electronic assisted bikes. This is in place to protect the local manufacturers of e bikes (well one in particular). https://www.bicyclenetwork.com.au/newsroom/2020/05/07/e-bike-tariffs-confirmed/ Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
  14. A

Bargain buys thread

MTB direct back with the fake sales. Apparently 25% off Shimano shoes. I was looking at a pair of ME5's on the website the other day, listed at $179 and got 99 bikes to beat the price. Now with '25%' discount, they are $175! I like their gear, but man is it deceptive. How does that build...
  15. A

Newly Released Bikes General

I'm two weeks late to the Pole Party, but I need to quote this. For whatever reason, the mere discussion of Pole seems to really get under the skin of some people. I think you are right - Leo is probably the cause of much of the saltiness but some people are clearly finding some of the Pole...
  16. A

The discount code thread

Just picked up the 3400 lumen XSV. $320 is a bargain. Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
  17. A

SA SRAM Roam 30 - 27.5" - Sold

On hold pending transfer Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
  18. A

Chainreaction Experience

I also ordered from CRC over a week ago, package has not left the UK yet. Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
  19. A

The discount code thread

Anyone for a CRC code they want to pass on? Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
  20. A

SA SRAM Roam 30 - 27.5" - Sold

$150 pick up Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk