Search results

1. W

2014 DVO Emerald Fork and Jade Rear Shock

I hereby challenge the common belief that USD (mountainbike) forks have less unsprung weight. Reason: The lowers on a conventional fork are made out of a lightweight cast magnesium alloy piece. The lowers on a USD fork are aluminium, with fairly massive cast feet to hold the axle and brake...
  2. W

oakley goggles

Now we just need the shoe phone and we're set.
  3. W

Pedal Stuck in Crank help or tips please?

Try one of these scientific methods. 1) Thermodynamic solution: Construct a semi-permeable membrane which lets pedals pass through but is impermeable to cranks. Filter the crank and pedal through this membrane. 2) Quantum Tunnelling solution: Place a empty, closed box next to the crank and...
  4. W

So I cracked the reservoir cap on my 2012 SLX brakes. Where can I get a spare?

Thanks - I just ordered 2 new caps from the german shop, 5.10 Euros each plus 7.90 shipping is pretty good. Figured it'll take at least as long to order through my "local" bikeshop (which actually is 120km away) so I might as well get it delivered to my door. Yes, I did that. Luckily it's...
  5. W

So I cracked the reservoir cap on my 2012 SLX brakes. Where can I get a spare?

Cap is cracked. The membrane/seal underneath is ok, but there is still some fluid leakage so I need a replacement. Where can I get one?
  6. W

brake pads are f*cked - will boilling them help

I strongly advise against burning the pads on a hot plate. A friend of mine did this a few years ago after he got oil on his grimeca pads. He must have gotten them too hot, because the next day we were out riding, the pads of his rear brake came off the carrier plate, and he crashed down the...
  7. W

Very suss Commencal Supreme on Gumtree Sydney

I know what you mean, but I really don't think this one is a Nigerian scam. Sounds and looks more like a squatter / bike weirdo trying to get rid of a stolen bike he's been using. "I am about to travel and am equipped for that"
  8. W

Crash Pics Thread

Here are a few sequences from recent races/events. Townsville and Cairns. Getting bucked, take #1 - only bruises Sam eats it at Reservoir by lelebebbel, on Flickr Getting bucked, take #2 - more bruises 45 Nosedive by lelebebbel, on Flickr Getting bucked, take #3 - sore...
  9. W

SOLD Thomson Elite 31.6mm x 367mm Seatpost

Mine do: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?249728-Shimano-Hone-FC-M-600-cranks-silver-(bead-blasted)&p=2590295#post2590295 Glas-bead blasted. Was going to use them on my DH bike but ended up getting 165mm cranks.
  10. W

SOLD Thomson Elite 31.6mm x 367mm Seatpost

Item: Thomson Elite Seatpost, Diameter 31.6mm, length 367mm (un-cut). Location: North Queensland Item Condition: used, see photos Reason for selling: new frame needs 30.9mm seat-post SOLD
  11. W

why arent dh racers wearing gay skin tight suits?

Furthermore, Downhill is in part financed by bike and clothing companies, who make money by showing off their bikes and gear on the pro circuit and then selling identical looking copies of said gear to the public. If skin suits became dominant in the pro circuit, every pro rider would soon wear...
  12. W

delete/sold

The problem here is that people vastly overestimate the buoyancy of helium. That carry-all balloon device you are talking about would have to be the size of a truck just to be able to lift an average tool bag, making it rather impractical for indoor use. Outdoors, it'd be harder holding on to it...
  13. W

GRAVITATE 2012 - Cairns

You're quick, just got done uploading the shots from the Dirt Jam. here's a few more Gravitate 2012 - Dirt Jam by lelebebbel, on Flickr Gravitate 2012 - Dirt Jam by lelebebbel, on Flickr Gravitate 2012 - Dirt Jam by lelebebbel, on Flickr Gravitate 2012 - Dirt Jam by lelebebbel, on Flickr
  14. W

GRAVITATE 2012 - Cairns

Nice group shot, looks like a good turnout for the XC. I think some of us met some of the XC group at the bottom of Crystals on monday, I was driving though. More DH/FR photos are up in this set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lelebebbel/sets/72157631627527321/with/8026361169/ Glacier...
  15. W

GRAVITATE 2012 - Cairns

Post your Gravitate 2012 shots here! To start off, here are mine from todays Downhill race at Smithfield: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lelebebbel/sets/72157631602549453/ 20 Crash by lelebebbel, on Flickr I'll be uploading more stuff from the other events as the week progresses.
  16. W

are we being scammed with the high AUS dollar?

Thing is, Australian prices aren't 10% higher than CRC/tax free. They are often easily twice as high, sometimes more. Even if you consider shipping. Example, Mavic Rims - Mavic 823, CRC's US price is 88 USD. Australian price? $200. This is a french company, and there is absolutely zero...
  17. W

WTB: 20mm front Hub, black, 32h. Hope Pro 2 or similar

Looking for a 20mm front hub, black, 32 holes. Hope Pro 2 preferred, or something comparable and light. I am located in North Queensland. Not interested in complete wheels, just the hub.
  18. W

Buying Fox 40 stanchions in Australia

My Fox 40 stanchions are worn out and I need to get some new ones before it damages the lowers. I know go-ride.com in the US sells them, but is there any way to buy them in Australia? Would prefer the Kashima ones, would also prefer not to pay a fortune for them.
  19. W

Come to Townsville and ride our new DH track.

... on Mount Stuart, parallel to the old track. Lots of jumps and berms on this one. First race will be on Oct. 7th! Mt. Stuart New Track by lelebebbel, on Flickr Mt. Stuart New Track by lelebebbel, on Flickr Mt. Stuart New Track by lelebebbel, on Flickr Mt. Stuart New...
  20. W

Cairns Smithfield DH Race 3 - 1st/2nd Sept. 2012

A bit late as my computer was being repaired - here are the shots from the 3rd Cairns Race 2012 http://www.flickr.com/photos/lelebebbel/sets/72157631465268320/ Some samples: 1 by lelebebbel, on Flickr 11 Nosedive 2 by lelebebbel, on Flickr 26 by lelebebbel, on Flickr 70 by lelebebbel...