Search results

1. 2

NSW SOLD Santa Cruz Blur XC Carbon Medium, Fox, Hope, Chris King, XTR, Thomson

2009 Santa Cruz Blur XC Carbon mountain bike. 4” travel 26” wheels. Medium size frame. Gloss black colour. 11.5kg weight Price drop $1500 ONO. Location Menai (Sutherland area in Sydney). Item condition description Great condition, was fully frameskinned until recently. Only a few...
  2. 2

NSW SOLD: Ventana El Fuego full suspension frame and Fox fork

Item is now sold thanks everyone for your interest.
  3. 2

Seat tube length is 14.4inches (366mm) to top of the tube.
  4. 2

Apologies for the delay in response and for issues with messaging (PM issue now resolved) If you have any questions regarding the purchase please PM me. THANKS
  5. 2

Hi all - apologies for not responding sooner. I have fixed my settings. The frame and fork is still available- please PM me for purchase enquiries.
  6. 2

Item: SOLD: Ventana El Fuego full suspension frame and Fox fork. Location: Sydney (Menai area), pickup only. Item Condition: Very much like new condition. Minimal usage. Only minor cable run marks on frame, no dints, no missing paint chips, no cracks. Reason for selling: Selling as bike has...
  7. 2

Hardtail or Dually

As said before, horses for courses. Depends where you ride, how often, and for how long. Had a stiff alum HT for over 10 ten years, and rode it on everything, XC, downhill, the lot, as everyone did back in the day when dualies were too expensive. Have now owned 4 different dualies in the...
  8. 2

29er wheels

Agree with what many people have said so far. Very hard to advise what the best wheel is for any one rider, but some general rules apply to all. Using easily available parts to build a set of hoops makes any future repairs a lot easier. Using thin gauge butted spokes are strong ( have used...
  9. 2

Gel packs on the trails

Yeah probably is the roadies, most of the mtb boys I know take all their stuff with them, wrappers, old tubes, burnt out legs.. Shame really, gel wrappers ruins a perfectly good trail in the middle of nowhere. Doubt people are throwing away bottles, probably just poor bottle holders in use...
  10. 2

XX1 crank vs putting a NW chain ring on the middle slot of an old triple ring crank?

A question for those who have done the 1x11 conversion on a triple crankset, how was the chain line performance compared with a std XX1 crankset ? Any issue or just the same performance ? I've got a pair of xtr m970 cranks which are very strong and light, and don't want to buy carbon xx1...
  11. 2

What sort of conditions do you prefer for riding

Yeah, not a fan at all of summer mtb riding, just too damn hot, even in Sydney. Having to take 2+ litres of water on a summer morning mtb ride is a pain Like most other people I love autumn and spring, and sometimes winter. Winter is much better on a mtb than on a roadie, can keep warm in the...
  12. 2

Snakes

Yep, seems that seeing snakes on the mtb is just bad luck. Have been riding mtbs for a long time, and only seen only 4 in all those years. Mostly black snakes. I ride a lot in Menai area and mates who bush walk (why when you can ride) tell me there are plenty of them around the area and...
  13. 2

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rebuilding the spare mtbs disc brakes. Managed to rebuild a pair of formula oro brakes with spares, without loosing anything, or my mind in the process. Don't know how I managed it. Maybe just good mtb karma... Or luck. Could have just bought some cheap XT's instead and thrown away the oros...
  14. 2

Light Bicycle Carbon Rims/Wheels (Review Included on 1st Post))

Built up a pair of LB 22/27mm hookless U profile rims (650b) last year onto some existing CK ISO hubs, and threw away the old Mavic 717rims. Got them 32 hole to match old hubs, matt finish, UD. Look stealth, doesnt show rock strikes as much, re the benefits of matt vs gloss with anything...
  15. 2

Sapim CX Ray spokes

I would seriously consider sourcing from US (wheelbuilder), just compare the price per spoke difference. Starts to add up. Both Sapim CX-ray and DT aerolites are crazy expensive in AUS, but much cheaper in US. Built some wheels at end of 2014 with CX-rays from wheelbuilder, best price I could...
  16. 2

AM Santa Cruz 5010 Carbon CC

Great bike. Got a 2015 model 5010 in large size. Very stiff, stable and forgiving after coming off a medium blur XCc. I am 5'9" and the 2015 SC sizing was tricky, the medium is too short for me to run a shorter stem, and the large is almost too big. But given the slacker and longer approach...
  17. 2

Summit Cycles - Sydney

Picked up a new sc 5010 frameset and fork earlier this year. Great store, awesome stock and know how. Nice change to be able to talk proper mtb tech with a shop and get good feedback. Too many shops these days know bugger all about mtb bits and solving issues. You won't go wrong there.
  18. 2

Santa Cruz Blur XC (weight weenie) - 22lbs

Great bike. Got a 2009 blur xc carbon in medium. Very light and very stiff for the weight. Had a sc superlight before that and the blur is much stiffer. FYI the frame weight is very close to 2000g incl rear shock. My total build was approx 10.7kg. Works well with a 120mm travel fork too, more...