Search results

1. D

L'officiel Le Tour 2012 Thread!

I just downloaded the android version to my Galaxy S2, look harder! ;)
  2. D

Anyone else had issues with Jamis build quality? Help please.

If a replacement does not work out send your broken swingarm to Gripsport and they will repair and likely add a gusset of somesort to strengthen the original design.
  3. D

Cannondale Head set size.

Pretty sure Cannondale is 1.5 straight through, so you can pretty much run any type of steerer by using different headset sizes to make each different size steerer compatible. So yes you can run your new forks you just need a new headset to make them "compatible" to the original 1.5 sizing the...
  4. D

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Gave the roadie a gentle wash to get rid of all the crap from the wet weather and then ran some Rock'n'Roll on the chain, she is purring once again :)
  5. D

hitting rocks with pedals

I had the same issue on my GT then when i got my giant i never had the issue again, it was because the BB was much lower to the ground, it was damn annoying as my local trails are pretty rough as guts and i was bashing pedals quite a bit due to "just having to pedal" the frame was an avalanche...
  6. D

Shimano Shadow VS Conventional non-shadow. Difference in performance?

I have a 9 speed shadow and find the arm pivot to have more than the usual play in it than usual, have heard of others complaining about it's sloppiness also.
  7. D

Bike Paint Job

Have you thought about powdercoating? you can get a frame done for around $120 or so in many colours to choose from.
  8. D

People I would fight...

Tony Abbot...i'd use his ears for handles while peddling him like a hacky sak. :pirate:
  9. D

To those riding with glasses....

I wear contacts for work and i wear glasses for riding, i have a astigmatism problem, i find contacts unusable when mountainbiking but a bit better when on the road bike, i find the eyes track alot slower with focus when using contacts on the bike.
  10. D

XC wheel sets

I have the same bike and wheels, unless your frequently racing or have cash just to burn i think your bonkers to replace them. Probably changing the deore cassette to XT would be the best and cheapest weightsaver for the wheelset.
  11. D

Hennessey Cup 4hr Enduro

See it don't have to be "one or the other" shuttles should run off the speedo say 60km max speed then there is no 70km around corners and less damage to equipment and it takes out the factor or affecting lap numbers since all shuttles would have to follow the speed rule which would calibrate the...
  12. D

QANTAS grounded

I wonders what will happen with the Australia Air Express which is 50% qantas and 50% australia post? I actually work for auspost so it will be interesting to see what happens with mail/parcels and all that.
  13. D

Ay Ups! vs Magpie

There are no maggies where i ride but i've often wondered what a couple of thin strips of reflective alfoil neatly taped to the top of the helmet would do in regards to warding the little buggers off? Ps: Good luck with your experiment ;)
  14. D

loud shaking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAUTCZ3gIyU Go to 5:05 mate :) it should give you the general idea.
  15. D

loud shaking

Also forgot to add, when you installed the rotors, did you make sure your hands were clean etc to be sure not the contaminate the rotors and then the pads with say chain muck etc on your hands? I do feel it will be a case of alignment though, usually it will present itself in very acute...
  16. D

loud shaking

I bought a set of the same brakes about 3 days ago. How come you went the 8inch rotors? i prob would of went for the 6 if it were for my hardtail. To answer your problem i think it sounds like an alignment issue, have you tried loosening the mount bolts and pulling the lever tight whilst...
  17. D

Shimano XT M770 vs M785 trail pedals

I run M540 pedals on my Anthem and really like em , i have a spare brand new pair in the garage also cos i got them for a real good price. I got them full of mud today whist out for a bit of a jingle in the forest and they performed just as well as when the conditions are dusty dry, i...
  18. D

That time of year... the snakes are out!!

Was out at Radar Hill today and copped an eyeful of a decent sized goanna not far out from the car park, on the way back got a lovely surprise from a snake which helped me power up the hill a little faster ;) I ride solo most of the time so while it is of concern i sort of look at it in the...
  19. D

elixir 5's

I've just recently ordered a set as well, figured they would be better than my dodgy Tektro hydro's i'm currently running.