Search results

1. N

WEMBO - 2013 World Solo 24Hr Championships Canberra

My partner raced in the Elite Female category, it was her first solo 24 and after leading for something like 10 hours she managed to pick up 3rd place, she has penned a few words about her experience here.
  2. N

A question of ettiquette?

My experience at the Mont 24 hour on the weekend confirms this view. I'm reasonably fit, and not too slow (B Grade roadie), and there were guys I know I'm faster than on the road who were easily 5 minutes a lap quicker than me at the Mont. I only beat my missus by 20 seconds on my first and...
  3. N

The Mont 2013.

I had a great time at the Mont, the downhill sections of the course really exposed my lack of skills but it definitely gave me something to work on for next year. I'm a fairly keen roadie, and looking at my stats my all time distance on the mtb is only 291km (including my 4 laps at the Mont) so...
  4. N

Official Rotorburn Hellfire Cup info page

I know that the accommodation my partner booked will not be available because it burned down, I haven't heard anything about the condition of the trails.
  5. N

F..king summer nats

I don't think most Canberrans are concerned about car festivals or with people being interested in cars, nobody really cares what anyone else spends their money on (except for a few busybodies who can't help themselves, but you get them everywhere). For most Canberrans, the problem with...
  6. N

Contour or Go Pro?

Same issues here, only opened it yesterday and had to go through the update firmware process three times before it would work, had to pull the battery to unfreeze it. I'll be interested to see if the update has sorted it out. My original GoPro has never missed a beat.
  7. N

F..king summer nats

No more stripshows Personally, I'm not a fan of the Summernats, or more specifically I'm not a fan of the fans of the Summernats, but it's only a few days and it gives me something to whinge about. The cars are great, the car owners are generally great and are really passionate about their...
  8. N

Hello

Hi all, I'm from Canberra and I'm a bit of a mtb newbie but I'm enjoying it so far, I ride a Trek 8000 hardtail. I seem to spend a lot of time on two wheels, I ride motorbikes as well as pushbikes, and although I currently spend more time on the roadie than the mtb I intend to get offroad...