Search results

1. ellemenophee

2017 Trek Fuel EX 29 vs 2017 Giant Anthem 2

I was looking at the Trek Fuel EX 9.8 29 just today as an looooong overdue upgrade to my dinosaur bike & as a cross training tool. If you have Bupa health insurance & you are purchasing from an authorised Trek dealer you will get 15 % discount on the Trek range of bikes. Car breakdown services...
  2. ellemenophee

who has the longest commute

commute A 22 k down from the foothills on the mongoose sabrosa to work in Wingfield SA. Round trip 44k minimum but no more than 5k extra most times. Don't often go the same way home though due to traffic . Why ride if you can't shake it up huh ? Twice a week usually between other stuff...
  3. ellemenophee

**SOLD** 2005 Jamis Dakar XC Comp

p.m.'d you. cheers
  4. ellemenophee

Forums.farkin

i was ok at work yesterday. IT pooed its pants though for me at home. I tried forum shortcuts from favourites, homepage & complete bikes section in sales & each time i was redirected to the already mentioned site. I tried throughout the evening & even at midnight it was still hijacked...
  5. ellemenophee

TDF 2006... Basso out!

Trully disappointing. A dark cloud re-emerges over cyclings biggest occasion. Ullrich's altitude training chamber in his basement is approx $205 K Ozzie dollars. Above all, it reflects poorly on all cyclists, competitive participants especially. A rethink of penalty's & appropriate action may...
  6. ellemenophee

Henna Tats

When i had it done i shaved off all my hair, called in a pro artist who dealt with Henna regularly then he painted on the design which stretched from above my ear toward the back of my head & to the nape of my neck- (yep- pretty big) . This was done on both sides of my head in the darkest...
  7. ellemenophee

Found a good treatment for abrasions (long and boring)

A doctor can also prescribe a topical ointment like Hydro-cortisone. ie SQUIBB ( about 1% steroid for external use only). There are few available & a tube lasts forever. It heals wounds, cuts, burns etc so fast as its a light steroid ( that wont have you growing an extra toe on the wound or...
  8. ellemenophee

Coopers drinkers please help!

Yes ashhash you are correct. I don't recall if there is a current batch. They were normally issued in October in a limited run of cartons that were numbered. Each bottle was also dated . Yes they were V nice.
  9. ellemenophee

Coopers drinkers please help!

Well its our regular beer. Has always been so. Always will. Coopers Pale i am talking about. Dark Ale is the drink for the season we have just finished & is more caramel in taste. Sparkling although a great drop has the highest proportioned messed up drinking stories i have personally...
  10. ellemenophee

Best MTB magazine in the World?

I recall something very similar topic wise to this. However i am a magazine fiend. Of late i really prefer magazines bigger than AMB size wise. Dirt is a reasonable size. DECLINE is a great size if your photo inclined-which i am.
  11. ellemenophee

O

As you say it is " unchartered territory ". You have everything to lose if any of the participants feelings develop or diminish. This is not within control.You as a couple may cope well with the scenario at surface level, however the other couple may not be as strong as your relationship. You...
  12. ellemenophee

police speed camera&car stolen!!

No that wasn't supposed to be 10 times above the limit ! If they had a car that did that why would you bother driving when you could afford a massive helicopter to lift the radar car off the ground with some harness. They drove thru 10 times @ a speed obviously above the 60 k limit. D'oh.
  13. ellemenophee

police speed camera&car stolen!!

Within the last 2 months 4 youths from the Southern suburbs of Adelaide approached a police radar car which was collecting at a very well known speed camera site ( concrete hill). It is a religious site- the police collect at that spot with monotonous regularity. 3 asked the normal question...
  14. ellemenophee

Fahrenheit 9/11

Well his use of humour was definitely toned down in 9/ 11 in comparison to " BFC ". However.... perhaps this was influenced by the fact the he really wanted " mainstream " American Patriots to sit down & take in the bigger picture. Humor may have gone over their heads or really pissed them...
  15. ellemenophee

Danny Clark ( the cycling legend ) hit by car

1 of the major incidents to happen to any cyclist of any ability or age happened to 1 of Australia's best cyclists EVER. Danny Clark was hit by a car on the Gold Coast. The same vicinity that claimed Luke Harrop ( triathlete ) & DArren Smith. Very poor. The driver didn't stop & left...
  16. ellemenophee

Body Image

Daver that is excellent work. Don't believe anyone that scoffs at your work ethic to achieve those results. As you exercise remember to work smart not hard & recovery is as important as the workout. When the sweat drips its a sign : " sweat is the perfume of your success "
  17. ellemenophee

The official TDF thread

Hey Rik how's your German skills ? The Csc rider ( probably Riis ) was carring a small transponder in his saddle. It looked like a repair bag. As the Cervelo's are too light they had to weight them differently to comply with the 6.8 kilo weight issue. The telemetry was beamed from the CSC...
  18. ellemenophee

Body Image

In reference to a cold can lead to serious weight gains or loss of performance & motivation. That can be true to some degree. For example: Basically a Pro athlete has 5 times the amount of blood networking( capillaries) per square cm than the weekend warrior. If that athlete were to get...
  19. ellemenophee

Buying a car

Subaru sports wagons are great. They are super reliable unless you get cleaned up from behind & the insurance company writes off the car & paid me the remaining money. Difficult to find though as people really get attached to them. Toyota corolla although not kewl are bloody hard to...
  20. ellemenophee

Body Image

wow there is a lot of wrong going on here. First of all physical factors : Endurance- aerobic, endurance - anaerobic, muscle endurance, power, agility,strength, reaction time, weight, height, fat percentage & flexibility are the first tested critera if i was going to put you thru a program...