Search results

1. teK--

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Hey they finally matched two shades of gold
  2. teK--

Life and TPD insurance

P.S. This thread deserves to be pinned to top? I get this feeling our forum is now mostly frequented by 40+ and we all have families and other commitments now. We buy insurance for cars, bikes, and homes, when the most important thing to insure is ourselves.
  3. teK--

Life and TPD insurance

AIA and Clearview are the front facing companies. No doubt underwritten by others up the chain!
  4. teK--

Life and TPD insurance

Not 100% sure. As I understand everyone is underwritten by someone else higher up the chain until you get to only a small handful of companies who undewrite globally.
  5. teK--

Life and TPD insurance

Just be wary if they are willing to deal direct with you, then this might be for an off the shelf product. The full assessments are usually done by the reseller/adviser who you would pay a fee for the service.
  6. teK--

Life and TPD insurance

Cover is through AIA for IP, and Clearview for Death and TPD.
  7. teK--

Life and TPD insurance

I have IP, Death and TPD cover even after disclosing mountain biking. There was an earlier exclusion for mountain biking when I was racing frequently, but I was able to get this removed after declaring that I hadn't entered in a race in the prior 12 months. I have however disclosed that I...
  8. teK--

Thinking of giving a gravel bike a crack

Yeh I reckon the same. I see ads for these events and wonder why anyone would want to pay and travel afar to ride around on fire roads, or as they like to call it, "champagne gravel" :rolleyes:
  9. teK--

Poor Mans Disc Facing Tool

10. teK--

Poor Mans Disc Facing Tool

I'm sus that it could make the situation worse. That would face your mount to be aligned to the mounting bolt, but no guarantee it would line up with the wheel axle. What if one or both bolt holes were drilled or tapped off axis for example? After the cost of the proper tools I ended up just...
  11. teK--

Just read about this and it has no damper. It is basically a pogo stick like the Lauf. Only really good for smooth gravel and would be quite a handful for anything actually rough which is where I want a suspension fork. I have the Rudy XPLR Ultimate and it is excellent for riding singletrack...
  12. teK--

I have a suspension fork on my gravel bike but I'm struggling to see the cost benefit to going a usd fork for gravel...
  13. teK--

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Or Perth? Took 3 weeks for Perth > Melbourne. Though with the floods it technically became overseas shipping.
  14. teK--

MTB shoes

The GR9 use the same Ultread soles as the AM9. On the clipless shoes they were fine, and reasonably good for hike a bike. However as a flat shoe, the Ultread weren't enough. The previous generation which used a Michelin sole were actually decent, so it was a downgrade when Shimano changed.
  15. teK--

MTB shoes

Agreed. My last pair of 510s which fit were just before Adidas took over. Since then all their shoes became narrower and nothing fits anymore. I would have to go a full US size up to get enough width but then it's just sliding around like slippers. Even the Impact Pros which look chunky and...
  16. teK--

Sold Thule 591 bike carriers

Pics for attention!!
  17. teK--

Sold Thule 591 bike carriers

Will post up some pics tomorrow cheers!
  18. teK--

Buxton and Lake Mountain Thread

not sure of the trees, but with the 42mm of rain on Monday night it will probably be like ice skating for a while.
  19. teK--

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Whenever I see a crazy sale and get NBD FOMO, but then I ride my bike and reminds me how much time and effort it takes to get a rig really dialed and which fits like a glove. Exhibit 1: Easter trip to Mt Buller. Though it was a dust bowl, it was so good.