Search results

1. M

Amos Road Driving Etiquette

Was chatting with one of the Amos Rd residents before easter trying to organise some off street parking for the downhill race and to be honest it was touch and go for a while before he agreed to allow us to use his paddock again this year. It seems no one living on that road is particularly...
  2. M

DH Race Meeting Tomorrow Night

Race meeting tommorrow night (Turesday 10th) at Loius place 7.30pm. Not sure exactly where Loius lives, one of those dodgy areas over near westridge is all I know.
  3. M

Toowoomba sunshine series dh race 3rd may

HELD AT MARKS PLACE The 2009 race season is just about to kick off so its well and truly time to get some things organised for the Toowoomba round. My plan this year is not do do nearly as much of the pre-race Running around as in previous years, although I'm more than happy to assist with...
  4. M

Toowoomba Show Grounds Access

Manager of the show grounds phoned me today to let me know he was getting pretty pissed off with the driving habits displayed of late by vehicles accessing the 4X track. The latest incident to catch his attention was late yesterday afternoon when three cars with bikes aboard decided to partake...
  5. M

Track Bunting For Downhill Race

Apologies for the short notice, but as we discussed at the meeting Tuesday night, we need some people tomorrow to bunt the track and apply some final grroming for Sunday's race. Meet at the top at 10:00am, should only take a couple of hours if we can get a few people there. Bring a mallett...
  6. M

Downhill Race Organizers Meeting this thursday 22nd May

Short notice I know, but there will be a meeting this thursday night 7.30pm at my house to start organising the upcoming sunshine series downhill race. Race day (6th July) is fast approaching, so its important we get the ball rolling now to get some of the bigger items sorted, and also to get...
  7. M

Towoomba Show Demo Rides Update

The numbers for this gig need to be finalised by the weekend. I'll be a bit dissapointed if we can't get at least 12 riders for each day. This thing is not meant to be like the Holden precission driving show where only those with exceptional riding skills are needed, so please don't be put...
  8. M

4X Race Meeting

For anyone who missed the AGM, and those who were there but have forgotten, there is a meeting tommorow night (Wednesday) 7.30 at my house to get things sorted for the 4X race on April 6th. The race is being jointly organised by TMBC and Flash Point Promotions. Things we are responsible for...
  9. M

Riders needed for 4X demo races at Toowoomba Show

As part of the entertainment program for this years Toowoomba Show, the Show Society has invited TMBC and the Toowoomba BMX Club to run a series of demonstration races on a temporary track (designed by Nathan Graves & Dave Budden) to be constructed near the main pavillion at the show grounds...
  10. M

TMBC Annual General Meeting Tuesday 4th March

The AGM will be held on Tuesday the 4th of March at 7.30pm at the Toowoomba City Council town hall. Prior to the AGM we will conduct our monthly General Mettings at 7.00pm. All club members are encouraged to attend. Items for the AGM will include the following; 1.Electing members to...
  11. M

Xmas Message

Just a quick update on TMBC related things to tide you over the festive period. As some of you may have noticed, there was no club meeting first week of December. The committee members all had other things on that week and there didn't seem to be a lot for the agenda so an executive decision...
  12. M

August 2007 Club Meeting Minutes

August meeting minutes for your pleasure
  13. M

FREE First Aid Training

The Tooowoomba Mountain Bike Club is seeking expressions of interest from club members as well as parents/partners who help us out from time to time at our race days and other club events to participate in a FREE Senior First Aid Course. The course is being funded from an education and...
  14. M

DOWNHILL Runs Day Sunday 5th August

We decided at last weeks club meeting it was time to organise another downhill runs day at Mc Frenzy. Sunday 5th August was the date that suited most at the meeting, although I have learned since that a few potential starters wont be available that weekend. For the moment though we will stick...
  15. M

June Club Meeting Minutes

Brief minute of last months meeting, as best as I can recall it.
  16. M

Club Meeting next Tuesday 3rd July

There will be a club meeting next Tuesday 3rd July 7.00pm at the Toowoomba City Hall, 541 Ruthven Street (old brick building with high clock tower opposite Burke & Wills Hotel). Things to discuss include: 1. First Aid course on offer for club members & volunteers 2. 4x track update 3...
  17. M

June Club Meeting Tues 5th

Almost forgot it again but there will be a club meeting this Tuesday 6th June 7.00pm at the Toowoomba City Hall, 541 Ruthven Street (old brick building with high clock tower opposite Burke & Wills Hotel). Things to discuss at this stage include: 1. Downhill race wrap up 2. 4x track update...
  18. M

DOWNHILL Runs Day Sunday 20th May

For those who missed the last club meeting, we decided it was time to get serious about organising some regular shuttle days for club members at McFrenzy. The first date agreed on was Sunday 20th May. Similar format to previous runs days - the club will hire a bus and trailer for the day and...
  19. M

Monthly Club Meeting Tuesday 1st May

There is a club meeting this Tuesday 1st of May 7.00pm at the Toowoomba City Hall, 541 Ruthven Street (old brick building with high clock tower opposite Burke & Wills Hotel). Apologies for the short notice, the end of the month seems to have snuck up on everyone. Main things to discuss...
  20. M

BEE Alert at Rainrutt

One of the horse ladies at the rifle range told me this morning that a Council crew working somehere along rainrutt yesterday disturbed a bee hive resulting in 5 of them being taken to hospital. Bees are reported to be still very angry so best to give it a wide berth for a few days. The lady...