Search results

1. 9

QLD WTB - XS/S bike

I have the same issue Join the queue for 7s shifters... If anyone has a 7s shifter, both me and rstim are looking... What you driving these days tim? Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
  2. 9

QLD sold Zelvy / Chris King 27.5 15x100 wheel

Item: Zelvy 27.5/650b 40mm external rim, laced with aerolites to a Chris king 15x100 hub Location: Brisbane (Southside) Item Condition: Good - Hubs are smooth, wheel runs true. No dings or chips, but a few surface scratches on the rim / decal Reason for selling: Boost Price and price...
  3. 9

Is this justifiable or just more of the same... Esker Hayduke

You could get the Richey painted...
  4. 9

Project Demo days / Demo Program

That was usually because they couldn't deliver. I had a demo trc for months before mine actually came. Perhaps consider agents (fellow burners) who can build and repack the bikes at destination for minimal $
  5. 9

Creaking seatpost advice - options

You had your bb out before the creak started? My ti roadie has a pf bb as well, i got the threaded bb at the outset.
  6. 9

Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Aurora are part of tasnetworks now, but it is hydro Tasmania that own momentum. Not sure the fault was due to operating the cable at its limits, but the resultant power shortage was a direct result... And you beat me to the arena sites.
  7. 9

Short travel dual suspension frames for the modern huckwit

Is a medium pivot mach 4 carbon up your alley @droenn 115mm rear, non boost, currently running 130mm up front.
  8. 9

Boost hubs. Here to stay?

continuing oddjobs list Ford pinto... Australian submarines Australian naval vessels in general
  9. 9

The discount code thread

Secret15 only seems to apply to products in the secret santa category
  10. 9

Gripsport Crank Holder Car Rack Modifications

You could potentially find some rhs that sleeves the existing mount and cut it in half, then two bolts to fix it...
  11. 9

Sold SOLD Giant Defy M/L Advanced Pro Frameset

Item: M/L (55cm) Giant Defy Advanced Pro frame with forks, stem, dfuse seatpost and Giant P-SL wheels No crashes, in good condition but it has been well used. Frame is di2 or mech ready, and takes standard post mount disc calipers. Qr front and rear. Giant P-SL wheels with rotors Currently...
  12. 9

Bargain buys thread

Lyriks. Australian. Farkin' Cheap https://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/rockshox-lyrik-solo-air-rc-fork-black-27.5-160mm-1
  13. 9

Little Things You Hate

@pink poodle I shouldn't be I guess, even Pushy's (whose record for me was just over 2 hours) is becoming less reliable now.
  14. 9

Little Things You Hate

Got a new build underway - ordered the last part I need from an Aus store on the weekend rather than risk an OS delivery (headset, so needs to go in first) and it won't be delivered till next week now. Called a couple of LBS' to try and source one, most haven't called back.
  15. 9

Thru Axle Hubs

If you are using a road groupset you'll need one that will take an 11s freehub. I've got a set of 28h straight pull dt 240s (10s or xd freehub), 142x12, 15x100 in the shed. They are giant branded ones
  16. 9

SRAM Level levers with Guide Caliper?

I guess I'd wonder why you would? The levers are nearly identical Do you want 4 front, 2 rear? Lightest levers possible? There was a big gain in doing it with the shimano, not so much the sram.
  17. 9

27.5 wheels for rim +/- disc brakes

Except for department store bikes, i don't think ive seen 27.5 rim brake wheels. How are you going to mod the brakes to get them to work? Al..
  18. 9

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

That is a mount off a holdup on a bracket bolted to the towbar. I made it about 2 years ago - initially using one of the mounts off my holdup, but I sourced another one later - . No issues at all with it - super stable, nice and compact when not in use. Bar width depends a lot on your car - if...
  19. 9

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Not a single speed per se, but the same thing Only thing to be wary of is that you need to have enough room for wide bars, I haven't seen if the single speed offers some sort of adjustment from that perspective
  20. 9

VIC Found - Chris King end caps or Salsa alternator 142 plates

Unfortunately kings are a convuluted and expensive conversion. I've looked into it before and just done the dropouts