Search results

1. geoff_tewierik

QLD Sold

Item: DT Swiss 350 hubs and Stans tape on both rims. Front, 15mm, 180mm XT disc, Stans Crest rim. Rear, 142x12mm, 160mm XT disc, Shimano 10 speed cluster, WTB Frequency i19 Team rim. Location: Brisbane, can do Postage. Item Condition: Great, minimal wear. Reason for selling: No longer...
  2. geoff_tewierik

QLD Thomson 27.2mm x >250mm seatpost - black

Looking for a Thomson 27.2mm diameter seatpost in black. Needs to be longer than 250mm and straight. Elite or Masterpiece - doesn't matter. Happy to pay cash. Let me know in the thread or shoot me a PM. Cheers, GT
  3. geoff_tewierik

QLD Steel 29" SS MTB frame/fork

Looking for a Steel Single Speed MTB frame and fork to replace my broken GT Peace 9r for commuting duties. ETT of 580 to 600mm would suit.
  4. geoff_tewierik

Ford Ranger MTB ad

Just had this pop up on the TV, so hunted it out on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwXE6lANMQ0
  5. geoff_tewierik

Balance Bike Build

As alluded to in the What do your kids ride? thread, http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?209590-What-do-your-kids-ride&p=2716712&viewfull=1#post2716712, I'm scratching through ideas for a Balance Bike for my daughter. This is a no rush, long term, project that I would like to have...
  6. geoff_tewierik

QLD SOLD 2011 Premium Products Solo Plus

Item: 2011 Premium Products Solo+ Location: Holland Park West, Brisbane, QLD Item Condition:Good, some minor scuffs and scratches Reason for selling: Not required, need parts for custom balance bike for daughter Price and price conditions: $150, cash on pickup or Direct Deposit Extra...
  7. geoff_tewierik

Female rider - Mens or Womens bike?

Fit bit here at work just asked me if I wanted to ride the Brisbane to Gold Coast with her. I said sure, problem is she doesn’t have a road bike. Is there any difference between getting a mens road bike or a womens road bike? I.e. frame sizing or angles? She is 174cm, lean, long legs and...
  8. geoff_tewierik

QLD WTB 29" Commuter

I’m looking for a bike to commute to work on as I was trying to nab a Salsa Fargo from my local cashies and I missed by about a week (stupid monthly pay). So I'm after a: 29” Hardtail or rigid Frame size Med or Large - ETT of about 580mm Geared (SS is an option) Disc brakes Rack Mounts Cost...
  9. geoff_tewierik

End Supplement Confusion

Examine.com went through their database of articles and put together this: http://examine.com/blog/weve-solved-supplement-confusion/
  10. geoff_tewierik

Commuting on a 29er dually - wheel question

We are a one car family, works well as I drive past my wife's work every day, so can do the drop off and pick up fine and it's not been an issue for the last 5 years or so. But, come July/August of this year the car will be staying around the house so my wife can get out and about with the new...
  11. geoff_tewierik

ISCG Chain Catcher?

Until my car maker gets their tow bar ADR approved I need to sling the bike into the back seat of the car, and in doing so the chain usually jumps off the 2x10's 24t chain ring (and possibly damages the carbon of my frame). I did a search on here, and via google, for an ISCG Chain Catcher...
  12. geoff_tewierik

[XC] Pivot 429 Carbon

Picked this up this afternoon. The boys at For The Riders put in the effort to get it done before I left for holidays, which I am greatly appreciative of. Frame - Pivot 429 Carbon, Medium. Rear shock - Fox Float CTD Front shock/fork - Fox Float 29 FIT CTD 32 Handlebars - FSA SLK Carbon 700mm...
  13. geoff_tewierik

Weatherproof Tank Bag

I'm looking for a weatherproof tank bag. Planning on sticking my mobile phone/keys/Stingers Waffles into it instead of schlepping them around in my jersey pockets. The only one I've been able to put my hand on had mesh tops (Lezyne Energy caddy), and I'm looking for something with a little...
  14. geoff_tewierik

Entry level tubeless wheels?

Can anyone point me in the direction of an entry level tubeless wheel set? I don't have enough knowledge about current wheelsets to make an informed decision. Cheers, GT
  15. geoff_tewierik

Toombul Pump Track

So, noticed the fenced off dirt jumps at Toombul had been given a layer of decomposed granite while driving past this morning. Managed to swing past on my home and get out to take a look. They've got a nice little pump track going on there, with plenty going on. Be interesting to see how it...
  16. geoff_tewierik

Returning to the trails

Haven't ridden for fifteen years. Bad back has got a lot to do with it. Three weeks ago a friend heading to Canada said I could borrow their Giant Boulder for a weekend. So I did, first ride was a loop from home, along the SE Freeway Bikeway, along Southbank, over Kurilpa Bridge, along the...