Search results

1. M

Bike Setup

Forks need bedding in :o that could definitely be it. After the advice here I reckon I might just have too much sag to get the fork moving and too much rebound dampening. Hopefully if the forks loosen up I can get them moving a bit higher in the travel. Cheers.
  2. M

Bike Setup

That could very well be the case, I think I am riding a little nervous on a new bike. I've been hoping it'll wear off but it hasn't yet. It's strange that it is only on this bike though, not on others. I'll try leaning back a little more though and see how it goes. Cheers.
  3. M

Bike Setup

I sit smack bang in the middle of medium on pretty much every size guide I've seen, including for the GT. But in saying that it is slightly smaller than the Kona, and the Ragley feels very long. What negatives are there to a longer stem on an enduro? Everything seems to go for the short stem...
  4. M

Bike Setup

GT says to set the rear shock at 25% and it seems about right. I've bumped the fork up to 25% sag for now to see if it feels any better. I also took the cap off the fork intending to take out a volume spacer or two, only to discover there aren't any in there. I assume adding volume spacers...
  5. M

Bike Setup

I don't generally ride if it's too wet so I think they're just a waste of energy even if it doesn't fix the handling. It has a 60mm stem on it from factory, not sure how long I can go without running into other handling issues though. Mine is the 2019 model after they ditched the AOS. I nearly...
  6. M

Bike Setup

Just checked, sitting right on 30% and minimum compression dampening, but rebound was around midway.
  7. M

Bike Setup

Doing some internet reading and a lighter weight oil also sounds like a decent idea. It's a Debonair spring already. The bike I was riding had a Lyrik (and my Ragley has a Yari), which all feel fine, and I believe all have similar spring and dampening?
  8. M

Bike Setup

No...I may have remembered it wrong. What should it be?
  9. M

Bike Setup

I've got compression set about halfway so I'll drop that to nothing and see how it goes. I assume similar idea with rebound? Will servicing make a difference if they are brand new? I've only ridden it like 3 times so far. Any noticeable advantage to low friction seals or the fancy airspring...
  10. M

Bike Setup

One issue raised in the reviews is the grips, which have an alloy end cap which supposedly reduce the effective bar width. Might at least swap those out for a cheap trial. I've set the suspension to recommended sag (from memory 30% front 25% rear). It has a Pike front and Deluxe RL rear. I am...
  11. M

Bike Setup

Hey guys, Ended up getting a GT Force Carbon Expert for a really good price, but having some trouble getting it to feel nice. It feels kinda twitchy and uncertain in the front end, especially over bumps or sharp corners, almost like the front wheel wants to go sideways and under the bike...
  12. M

Recommendations for a fun enduro bike?

You mean now I have to wait for Canyon to adopt super boost??? :( Now you mention it I'd be pretty tempted, they may ban me from racing even though I still wouldn't win! Are there any decent E bikes for around the $4k mark? So in other news I had a few hours to play with the Kona's suspension...
  13. M

Makes my decision slightly easier I guess :D
  14. M

Size large :( and I'm still unsure on the 27.5/29 decision. Will try to get on some test rides. I think I am still leaning towards the Spectral or the Jeffsy. They are both targeted as trail bikes which will hopefully be a bit more lively than an enduro, but they still have basically as much...
  15. M

I've been wondering for a while if rider weight should influence travel. I'm 173cm and 57kg, and I'm starting to think I simply don't need that much travel even if I'm on gnarly downhill tracks, but i don't want to spend money testing that theory and regretting it. I only have time for a...
  16. M

I also had it on very fast rebound. I've lowered the pressure in the back to around 25% sag and made the rebound about in the middle front and rear. Will give it a go.
  17. M

So jumped on the bike for a bit of a test. I'm sitting around 20% sag front and rear. Should I make them softer?
  18. M

Will give it a go in the morning, but I still need to buy a bike :D. No it's the later model Process 153 like this one: At this point I'm leaning towards getting the Canyon Spectral CF 7.0. The reviews are excellent and seems to be the best value carbon bike around at $4,350. Cheers guys!
  19. M

Thanks, I'll dial in my sag tomorrow morning and give it a go and report back. I should have said a progressive wheel rate rather than leverage rate though. If I owned the Kona I wouldn't be replacing it, but I need to get my own enduro bike anyway so I thought I might try to find something...
  20. M

Also, could you satisfy my interest. Why would a highly progressive suspension feel firmer and be more playful? So a progressive suspension would be softer at the top of the stroke and firmer towards the end, wouldn't that encourage more pedal bob and soft feeling suspension on small things?