Search results

1. M

Bike Setup

Hey guys, Ended up getting a GT Force Carbon Expert for a really good price, but having some trouble getting it to feel nice. It feels kinda twitchy and uncertain in the front end, especially over bumps or sharp corners, almost like the front wheel wants to go sideways and under the bike...
  2. M

Recommendations for a fun enduro bike?

Hey guys, Been riding a (borrowed) Kona Process for a while, but jumped back on my hardtail the other day and realised just how "dead" the Kona feels. Really takes the fun out of some of the tracks. I'm looking for a new enduro bike though, so I'm hoping to find something that can handle the...
  3. M

Bike Rack Market Research

Hey guys, Hoping some of you might be able to help me out with a few seconds of your time. I need to do some market research on the bike rack market. There's only 6 basic questions on what your ideal bike rack would be and NO contact details are asked. It would be much appreciated! The...
  4. M

Enduro Hardtail Frame

Hey guys, Hoping someone with a bit more experience can give me some advice on which frame to buy. I am looking to build my first bike and want something that is a bit of a do it all kind of bike. I have a downhill bike already but want to give bike packing, (easy) dirt jumping and some...
  5. M

Suggestions for budget all mountain bike

Hey all, I currently have a UMF Freddy 2 (freeride bike) which I've had for a few years now. Its been pretty good and enjoying the downhill parts of trails but the uphill is killing me. So I am looking for suggestions on something a bit lighter and more versatile. I mostly ride around...
  6. M

3 peaks

Hey just wondering people's thoughts on the three peaks challenge if you've done it before or plan to. I'm really keen to do it, I've only been on the sorrento to Melbourne bay ride which was 100kms and I didn't train for it and finished pretty easily. But I loved it and want to do more...
  7. M

Small track Warragul

Hey. Was looking for somewhere to ride close to home and my old man told me to have a look at the end of a road he knew. Turned out alright and from what I can tell legal to ride on. Seems to me to be a service road for a gas pipeline (so no digging on one side of the road for sure) that...
  8. M

VIC 20" BMX front end

Item: Entire BMX or everything from the front of a bike including the part of the chassis where the forks mount Location: East Melbourne/West Gippsland Price range/Willing to Pay: hoping for under $100 Extra Info: Making a drift trike and need a complete front end to weld onto the frame...
  9. M

Putting head phones in helmet

Hey. So I had an old headset laying around so I thought I'd pull it apart to see if itd fit in my full face. I have a THE helmet and I haven't tried yet but I think theyd fit without actually touching my head since it has the thick padding in. The dimensions are about 20x75x80mm without the...
  10. M

Private Property Downhill track

Hey. Over the last few weekends I've started building a downhill track on our property. Some pictures: Starts with a northshore roll in which still needs a ramp: Has a right then a left bermed corners but haven't built that yet so no pics then theres two big jumps and a drop off into a tight...
  11. M

Downhill tracks/young riders near warragul or sorrento

Hey. Just looking for someone and somewhere to ride near warragul or sorrento since i spend a lot of time in both. Only 16 so would be best to find someone my age. Thanks.
  12. M

Donwhill apparal

Hey. Just wondering what you generally wear for downhill riding. I just got a THE full face helmet (expensive mouth that i cant risk losing teeth out of) and I have motorbike gloves. Do I need goggles or anything else important on a push bike or just helmet and gloves really? Thanks and sorry...
  13. M

VIC Can i build a downhill track here?

Hey. So we have 40 acres of land about 500m from where im living now and then we move there. I just got my downhill bike so I'd like to build a track there but I'm not sure if theres enough space or whether its steep enough. Anyway heres some pics in order: I don't think theres any...
  14. M

DH UMF Freddy 2

Hey. Just got my first downhill/freeride bike brand new today for $900: Only been cruising round our farm but a fairly small jump off a shed base was smooth as. Need to find some decent tracks or build some. Anyone else got one of these? Any other tips for a noob? Thanks.
  15. M

West Gippsland tracks

Hey, Just looking to give downhill a try. Went riding through some trails at Maryknoll in the Bunyip State Forest (old fire access trails which are perfectly legal) with a mate on Sunday and it was good fun but the trails were way too easy. Seeing as I don't have a licence yet though I am...