Search results

1. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

A bit of talk going around but haven’t seen anything made public, that parks have lost their appeal to block the trails that were previously approved in the mt Donna national park area . A big win for us . Also was told the rough plan is to prepare approximately 30 kms at a time and open to...
  2. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

Mt bride rd will be the main shuttle route going up to that area , it’s all going a lot further up than those existing trails
  3. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

4. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

Been sussing out the proposed trails a bit more in detail, what is standing out for me , it doesn’t seem to matter where in town you are staying or live , a fair chunk of the trails are a fair distance away and uphill to get there, the shuttle system will be a must for most people.
  5. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

live got a house in warby and know the area pretty well, what do you need to know ?
  6. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

yeah , certainly a few dollars spent on it , they were there for quite a while
  7. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

pump track is open for anyone that wants a play around after a ride on hey hey , A couple of hundred metres away near the footy oval
  8. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

sorry for delay , yeah from hey hey through to mt little Joe to mt Tugwell , all that area , there is a heap of it
  9. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

Had a look yesterday , the pump track all but complete , the track itself is finished , they just have to finish off the surrounding landscaping
  10. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

My understanding , tracks 2-8 are in the national park , and it’s the national park stuff what they are opposed to . the EEC report last year knocked back the big epic trail drop a k that went through the rain forest, but approved this stuff that goes through a less pristine area, but parks...
  11. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

As mentioned first stage will be the pump track , commencing last week of July , Here are the details...
  12. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

There has been a bit of work going on to the proposed car park area at wesburn, which is a positive start at least, rumours been circulating for a while they will be starting the pump track in August, now they have made that official putting it in the newsletter wheels in motion at last
  13. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

Warburton has a big varied cross section of people, I find most people respond pretty positively when the mtb park topic comes up in conversation, probably because they are hoping it might be good for the value of their home , and they are probably right , but still , they are positive. But...
  14. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

yeah have had a few delays but nothing too serious , But I doubt there will be trails open this year the way its looking , The first stage will be building the pump track in Wesburn , August seems to be the start date thats being thrown around now for that
  15. kiwiinmelb

Little Things You Love

Looks awesome
  16. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

Yeah that was always going to be the difficult stuff to get across the line . my understanding they have been knocked back in their current format but there is room to reapply at a later date if they change things around . But there is so much that has been approved on the other side of...
  17. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

I’m pretty pumped , I’m one of those that went and brought a house there, It wasn’t 100 percent all about the trails , I love the area anyway, but the mtb park was the icing on the cake, but started to have a few , what I have I done thoughts over the last year or so while it all got held up ...
  18. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

I remember last time when they thought it was all going ahead , they said they would start opening areas as they complete them , So i suppose later in the year sounds about right
  19. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

I heard on the weekend , they plan to start around March
  20. kiwiinmelb

Warburton trail updates

Granted they can get fairly big ,they are here too, but nothing like the Sambars running around 50- 60 Kilos vs 240-300 kgs in plague numbers , that’s the main thing, there is just so many right now