Search results

1. M

Norco Fuse

Hi all, I found this on Allclassifieds here down in Canberra was going to put it in the trading area but seeing as this is not my bike i thought i would put it here and maybe help someone in Canberra find a cheap bike. As i said above this is not my bike so dont ask me questions...
  2. M

Bike Rack

The grip sport one looks great!!!!
  3. M

Bike Rack

Hi all, I am looking for a tow ball mountable bike rack for my downhill bike. I am looking for a rack that the wheels are the part of the bike that are held in place not the frame. i am looking to spend max of $200. second hand or brand new doesn't matter. Thanks.
  4. M

Illegal Building in Black Mountain ACT

Dirt jump builders in Belco area Also spoke to a ranger on a ride the other day told me they are doing a crack down on dirt jump building in northern (Belconnen and gunners area) Canberra due to the building of the legal jumps at Gunners. sorry for the thread steal.
  5. M

Painting a Frame

Hi don't really know if this is the right section, but here goes anyway i just bought a second hand DH bike and wanted to re-spray the frame does anyone have any tips, how tos etc to make my life easier? also anyone know how to respray forks so i can do a complete fork, frame paint scheme? thanks
  6. M

New to this Downhill biking

Started on a Boulder Hey mate, I started on a giant Boulder back in 2008 all i can say is be careful on which jumps/drops you tackle as in one weekend i did about $500 damage to the bike and the bikes are worth $470 brand new so before you know it your going to be in need of replacing stuff on...
  7. M

mt taylor canberra

Hi i rode up then down this side of the mountain early 2010, I passed heaps of walkers and none seemed to worry (I just gave way to them) the track i rode was the walking one with log steps about a meter apart and a few rock steps. When i rode it there were no signs saying no riding etc (dont...
  8. M

Paterson 24HR

So has any one done the paterson 24hr? I'm guessing its not as big as say the mont, but it looks like a lot of fun. defiantly going to try and get a team ready asap so i can enter.
  9. M

Canberra Centenary Trail

Dam i only just read this thread wish i read it last year so i could put some input in. So now its been a bit of time have they come up with a rough loop yet?
  10. M

MONT - 2012 - Saturday late afternoon - first of two

Great photos mate, you took heaps!!!!
  11. M

Trials on a dirt jumper?

Hi all just like a lot of people who get into trials, i have decided to get into the sport after watching heaps of trials videos on youtube. The only problem is i have just purchased a Commencal maxmax dirt jumping bike. My question is, Is it possible to start out on a Dj bike to learn the...
  12. M

Comfy Seat

So my Girlfriend (much to my delight) has taken up the great sport of Mountain Biking. She went out and bought a Giant Boulder (Girls version) but is finding the seat a bit uncomfortable. So if anyone out there has a suggestion of a comfy seat can you let me know. She is only riding mostly on...
  13. M

Santa Cruz Bullit

Your bike looks insane, thanks for the help.
  14. M

Santa Cruz Bullit

Really keen on getting a Santa Cruz Bullit soon and build it up as my AM bike just wondering on peoples thoughts. If i cant get one in a complete bike i'm going to look for a frame then build it, from ground up any suggestions for parts etc.
  15. M

Mont 24 Hour. Tell us your stories

I got the call up on wednesday night after a mate had to pull out. Only been back on my bike for a week and a half after a two year break and surgery four weeks prior. I can honestly say great race. Posted laps (only 3) of around the 1hr 30 mark but had a great time. Deffinatly doing it...
  16. M

MONT 24HR 2012 - team formation

Good Luck mate see you on the course along with every one else.
  17. M

Old user returning

Hi all I would like to introduce my self, My name is Ben im from good old Canberra i used to be on rotorburn when it was Farkin then when it changed to rotorburn i was still here. But after i left school i gave up riding MTB's and switched to skinny tyres and early pre-work training. But by god...
  18. M

Hardtail DH Bikes

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I am building up a Hardtail for DH and wanna see some pics of other peoples bikes plus any hints tips on parts etc. Thanks in Advance.