Search results

1. schmackster

9 sp road shifters

Either as long as they work.
  2. schmackster

9 sp road shifters

Item : road shifters (2 chain rings x 9 speed cassette) with rear derailleur if possible. Location : West Pymble, Sydney Extra Info : I have an old XTR derailleur (RD-M960) as well as a set of 9 speed LX trigger shifters (SL-M570 suit dia 22.2 bars) if anyone is interested in trading.
  3. schmackster

Ku-ring-gai

It looks like it is going ahead. All the details are on the council website here. The most most interesting thing is the report from World Trails which details the whole scope. The only problem the council has at the moment is that a lot of the local residents are up in arms because they...
  4. schmackster

Mawson Marathon...

Best of luck mate. As for me I will be up to my armpits in work thinking that I should be doing more riding.
  5. schmackster

WSMTB Club XC Round 3 - Yellomundee Sunday 23rd May 2010

I took my 9yo and 12yo who both raced and had a great time. I then raced C grade while they stood on the side of the track and cheered me on. I just tell thm to stay together and also tell them that they can go to the people at the start/finish tent if they have a problem. There are always a...
  6. schmackster

Lower Back Pain

Basically your body is not used to this new exercise that you are putting it through and so it is getting sore, just like you get sore after lifting weights for the first time in years or doing twenty sit-ups in a row for the first time in 20 years. (I could hardly walk the next day!) I found...
  7. schmackster

NSW Planning for a bike park in Ku-ring-gai

I got the following from Ku-ring-gai Council yesterday and thought that it be worth posting so that we can get some more feedback to the council.
  8. schmackster

Highland Fling Anyone ?

That's exactly how I felt but with 7km to go of the second stage and another 25km of the third yet to come! It was a toss up between 20kms on the road or 25kms on the track (couldn't bring myself to take the sag wagon). Oh fark it this race is not going to beat me so I took the track option and...
  9. schmackster

Highland Fling Anyone ?

+1 All in all an excellent day but fark did it hurt! I suppose that was because (a) I didn't do anything more than a few 2 hour rides on a roadie in my "limited" build-up and (b) another 3 years older since my last one. (3 years might not sound like much but at my age they are like dog...
  10. schmackster

WSMTB Club Champs

I am guessing that I would be in the "not as quick as they used to be category" :D. It is a cruel sport for old blokes like me that don't train as much as they used to. After that race all I could think of is how bad I am going to feel after the Fling. :eek:
  11. schmackster

WSMTB Club Champs

Thanks to all for a great race. First XC race for a loooong time and had a blast. That vee ditch on the first lap bought back memories from when it used to be a regular feature. The trail fairies have done some great work with the erosion measures and fixing up some of the rougher sections of...
  12. schmackster

Rotoburners Age

41 but like everyone else only feel about 20 on a bike.
  13. schmackster

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

yeh, consistently FAST!
  14. schmackster

Wild Horizons Highland Fling - Entry Update

and there are some things in life that shouldn't even be done at all. In my book racing 100km off road fixed and rigid is one of them. :eek: (You are a braver man than I)
  15. schmackster

Wild Horizons Highland Fling - Entry Update

why not fixed? :D
  16. schmackster

L'officiel Le Tour 2009 Thread!

Hope you like cricket :D. You might have to watch it on your PC at www.sbs.com.au/tdf if you don't have can't get the digital channels.
  17. schmackster

L'officiel Le Tour 2009 Thread!

Yep, the Ashes will be on SBS1 and the TDF on SBS2. Better go out and get that set top box at lunctime today:D
  18. schmackster

xc race list needed

Unfortunately there is no one place to see all the events so you will have to check out your local mtb bike club for local XC races Around Sydney these would be: www.mwmtb.com MWMTB has one of the better calendars as it does cover a lot of other disciplines and events. www.wsmtb.com...
  19. schmackster

Fox F100 forks - feedback

+1 for the RLC's. I had a set before someone decided that they wanted the bike more than I needed it. I haven't ridden the Terralogics but comments around the race tracks were that they were great for racing but could be a little harsh when riding socially due to the inital "bump" that is...
  20. schmackster

2009 X-Fusion NSWMTB State Series RD#2

I have used Google's Picassa software to upload to photos to the Google site and works well. You can download it from here. When installing it though make sure you uncheck the option that says something like "manage all photos" otherwise it goes through your whole hard disk and picks up every...