Search results

1. P

Marin Alpine 7 / XR - Small Size

Thanks, Everyone for your replies... I haven't been able to locate a single 29er small size for testing, however, :( fingers crossed I'll find something soon.
  2. P

I checked the Focus models today and it's an interesting lineup. They say Jam is the all-mountain and throne as the trail. I like the Jam geo for sure... but the AU site flat on says there are no models in the country even before you get excited about reading the spec on the website :) Bad year...
  3. P

Cheers !!! That's a good point about the standover height... XR is definitely a great bike. I have to push my budget to go for the XR but perhaps worth it in the long run. small XR is not in stock right now :(
  4. P

Thanks for the reply.. that's good to hear. The more I read, the more it seems like 29er is definitely an option these days for short riders. I'm going to try a few bikes with 29er soon but no easy to find any stocks at bike shops. I'll also have a look at the Focus Jam ... an interesting bike...
  5. P

Any thoughts how I move the thread? Seems like there is no option to do so apart from reposting ?
  6. P

I actually realized there is an all-mountain/enduro section in this forum.. can I move this thread there?
  7. P

Hi Scotty, Thanks for the reply... I saw that review as well... a lot of good things about that bike,.. but I'm also looking forward to hearing some real-world use of the bike especially in size small. I was also looking at Commencal and Canyon as well... not easy to make up your mind with any...
  8. P

Hi Everyone, I'm looking to buy a new all-mountain/enduro bike for a bit of rough riding focusing on downhills but a decent amount of uphills to get to the top of the hill etc,. My current bike is an old Norco FS which is more of a trail bike but want to try more challenging terrains now. I'm...
  9. P

Fluid Bikes

I had the bikes for a month or so... I know its not a long period of time to experience much but we do cycle around a lot. And I haven't had the first service done yet. As you mentioned it could well be that the first service may fix all of these issues. However, it was not only the chain...
  10. P

Fluid Bikes

Update Hi, I know the thread is a little old... However, I thought I'll just update the thread with the final decision I made and my experience with Fluids hoping it will come in handy for someone who is looking for similar info in the future. Okay, I'll start by saying it's not going to...
  11. P

Fluid Bikes

Any input on Fluid Ricochet, Renedade and Rhythm based on their specs? I think ricochet might not be listed in the site. Are they worth the money if they go close to 30%-50% off? http://www.anaconda.com.au/Product-Listing/Bikes-and-Accessories/Bikes/Mens Thanks,
  12. P

Fluid Bikes

Hi guys, Thanks heaps for all the responses !!! I did more research on my end and also took your input on this... All and all I still feel Fuilds aren't so bad, at least for my purposes... And the Fluids I talk about are "NOT" the low end bikes... Specially with up to 50% discounts if...
  13. P

Fluid Bikes

triggadsdon@gmail.com and PJS - thanks for your input !!!
  14. P

Fluid Bikes

Thanks for your input, but again Fluid mayhem is not a fair comparison with other big brand or better bikes.
  15. P

Fluid Bikes

Thanks for the replies guys... Most of the time people who own Fluids say they are good bikes and others just say Fluids are bad... What are the reason for Fluids to be so bad? They give a life time warranty on the frame and if you go for a decent model you also get good components fitted...
  16. P

Fluid Bikes

Hi all, Sometime ago I read a great discussion about Fluid bikes in this forum.. However, the thread was old and I was also looking for little more details/experience about Fluid Method, Momentum and Ricochet bikes as I have set my mind on going for the Fluid brand after doing a bit of...