Search results

1. XYGTHO

Flat Pedals

Hi All, Looking for some red or black, flat pedals. Don't care if scratched etc. In fairly smooth condition (bearings) and not huge heavy ones. Currently borrowed some old Giant ones from a mate which are real heavy and thick. After something better. After coming back after a broken elbow...
  2. XYGTHO

MTBA insurance after race accident

So. Had a decent crash almost 4 weeks ago at a gravity enduro. Don't know what happened as I was out to it a while. Cracked the mouth piece of my bell, managed to open the clip (one of the two piece bells) and big dint and now covered in blood. (Do Bell have a crash replacement???) Certainly one...
  3. XYGTHO

Alloy VS Carbon Road bike

Hi all. Looking at getting a new commuter as my old flat bar is about to hit its 10year bday. Also the wife has it on a trainer at the moment so great time to use that as an excuse to buy myself a new bike. Already have a 160mm dually, and 140mm hardtail. Enjoy riding the hardtail to work...
  4. XYGTHO

Flat peddles

Hi everyone. Just seeing what people have laying around. Chasing a set of flats for my dually. Up to about $50. Maybe more if a nice set. Doesn't seem to be many for sale second hand. Thanks.
  5. XYGTHO

27.5 160mm Pike Airshaft

Hi, Wanting to buy a 160mm 27.5 Pike airshaft. Or if anyone knows where I can get one fairly quick. Thanks. John.
  6. XYGTHO

Shimano Am Enduro shoes

Hi all, I am looking at some new shoes. Something to ride all day in as I am heading to NZ soon. I am tossing up between the new Shimano AM9's or the Shimano M163's. Has anyone got any experience with either shoe? Not sure which way to go. I loved my AM45's just dam heavy but so comfy...
  7. XYGTHO

Fizik Gobi Saddle

Item: Fizik Gobi Saddle Location: I'm in Rockhampton CQ Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on condition and model. Let me know what you want for it. Extra Info: If you have a saddle similar open to see what you have. Just sold one I had which was dam nice but a bit narrow. Back on an old one...
  8. XYGTHO

27.5 Trance Shock upgrade

Hi guys. I want to upgrade my Monarch R shock on my Trance. I have had a few offers on shocks but want to confirm a few things before going to far. Might help others also. Now it seems the actually shock is a 200x57 with something stopping it using the last part of the travel. I deflated my...
  9. XYGTHO

Fox CTD Shock 200x51-57

Item: Fox CTD shock to suit 27.5 Trance Location: I'm in Rockhampton CQ Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on shock being offered but hoping there is something out there for $200 or less? Let me know what you have though and will consider. Extra Info: Its to replace my RS Monarch R. Not...
  10. XYGTHO

XT Brake trouble

Hi guys. After advice. I bought a groupset from an Aus shop which was a pretty good price. Not as cheap as CRC etc but thought I'd support at least an Aus bike shop. Groupset turned up and I started to install on my bike on the weekend. Now the groupset has been installed on a showroom bike...
  11. XYGTHO

Stem and Rotor Bolts

Hi guys. •Item: Just looking for a cheap 50-70mm 31.8mm stem. Cheaper the better as its for an old bike I'm going to use for riding with my daughter. •Location: I'm in Rockhampton QLD •Item condition description: Does not need to be in good nick just safe to use. •Reason for buying: current...
  12. XYGTHO

Budget XC 29er hardtail

Hi guys building a budget XC 29er hard tail. Purchased the alloy frame on here from OZDAVO cheers mate, as bare alloy along with cranks, BB, seat tube clamp, headset and hanger. I have also collected some other bits prior for turning my 2013 Trance XO to more XC. Trance will basically be back...
  13. XYGTHO

29 1.1/8 Susp fork

Item: 29 100mm Susp fork with 1.1/8 steerer Location: I'm in central queensland Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on fork but going to try and build a budget 29 hardtail for XC. Extra Info: At this stage I am grabbing a frame off a forum member with some bits. I have most other parts...
  14. XYGTHO

29 Hardtail Frame

Item: 29 hardtail frame 135mm qr rear 17-18" alloy or carbon Location: I'm in central queensland Price range/Willing to Pay: Depending on what it comes with (forks would be great) $1000 Extra Info: Have a Trance 29er which I chuck a light wheelset on for XC but have quite a few spare bits so...
  15. XYGTHO

Giant OD2 70mm stem

Hi, just wanting to try a 70mm stem if anyone has one they don't need or would consider selling. 60mm would be awesome but look like they aren't as popular.
  16. XYGTHO

Again roady advice and guidance.

Hi roadies. I am looking at getting a second hand or cheap new roady for fitness and riding to work. I am 176cm tall and ride a medium 18" trance 29er MTB. What size roady do you think might suit? Bike shop says 50cm and reckons smaller is better? They didn't have any mediums though lol. Also...
  17. XYGTHO

Spd shoes

Hi guys looking at a cheap set (on sale) shimano spd shoes on CRC. Mate has pedals to lend me to give it a go. Do you have to buy cleats separate? Any recommendations for a new by to spds
  18. XYGTHO

SPD shoes and pedals

Hey guys thinking of having a go of clipins. Been riding about a year and a half now just with flats. Moving up XC categories to Sport from Novice and thinking of giving it a go maybe on my commuter bike for a month and then when riding XC. Maybe not yet for the knarly stuff. Just putting it out...
  19. XYGTHO

SOLD Please delete

All SOLD 34T E Thirteen Guidering chainring SOLD SOLD •Location: Rockhampton QLD, happy to post •Item condition description: New unused •Reason for selling: Gone 29er so going smaller ring. Kept the 36T on my 26er as its fine for most riding. •Price and price conditions: $30Neg •Extra...
  20. XYGTHO

Installing Carbon Bars

Hey guys just before I tackle this want some advice and tips. Prefer to learn from those who have done it or made the mistakes already. I have some Easton Haven Carbon bars to go on my Giant Trance X0. I have installed plenty of Alloy bars but never worked with Carbon. Do you generally...