Search results

1. C

Fitness: Increasing capacity for a few years off 50.

And this is the reason we got the spin bike. I can program in serious ( 20% ) inclines and simulate climbs. My aim is five days a week either on a real bike or the spin bike, with 45 minutes minimum. I try every single time I ride to better the time or distance. Riding in mud is not our...
  2. C

Thank you for your reply..... With the weather starting to get nasty and trails getting really muddy, I am not getting out as much as I would like. Having said that, I have "spin style bike" designed to emulate hills etc. It is actually harder on my legs than a MTB...!!! I aim to use that 5...
  3. C

Hello all... Someone introduced me to mountain biking, and since then I have been hooked on cycling again. I guess it has brought me back to my childhood, riding around tracks and trails. Anyway, I want very much to increase my fitness, well beyond where I am now. I certainly will not...
  4. C

Cleaning Chains

Hello All... Recently I have been struggling to find a product capable of dissolving the wax and teflon from really filthy chains. None of the "enviro" citrus cleaners really worked. Until.... I purchased some "Presol" from an Automotive Paint Supplier. It cost $28 for four litres...
  5. C

Upgrading brakes for beginner bike

Hello There... I upgraded the brakes on my hybrid bike to a set of Shimano XT M785 Disc Brake Lever and PM Calipers with 160mm 6 bolt Icetec rotors. These are the cheaper version of the top of the line Shimano XTR series which I have on my MTB. This was a massive leap up on the original...