Search results

1. The Reverend

VIC F.O.C. Bontrager Line Elite 29" rim

Brand: Bontrager Model: Line Elite 30 Size: 29" Internal width: 29mm Material: Aluminium Colour: Black Holes: 28hole Condition: straight, round and true. One or two minor marks on the top of the rim which would only be visible without the tyre on, and a couple of light marks / scuffs on the...
  2. The Reverend

Forgive me, I have sinned...

I bought an ebike. Please, withhold judgement until the end. :) I've done all sorts of riding and enjoyed everything from super chunky enduro style trails to XC racing. Of late, as you know I've been on the HSP train and gone all in on two lovely bikes which are different but have a certain...
  3. The Reverend

More HSP goodness.

How does this one start? Ok, I bought the Highlander in Feb 2021 and whilst I found the descending absolutely astounding, I seemed to struggle with the climbing. This of course was not what the majority of owners were finding which was infuriating and frustrating me too. Two higher spring...
  4. The Reverend

Sold Nukeproof Horizon V1 front wheel. 29" Non boost

Item: nukeproof Horizon V1 front wheel. 29" non boost. 30mm Inner Width. Note this is ONLY the front wheel. Location: SE Melbourne. Near Lysterfield Lake Park. Item Condition: Used, in good condition. Reason for selling: It's just sat in my garage and I'm not going to use it. Hopefully someone...
  5. The Reverend

Sold Shimano XT M8000 brakes sold

Item: Shimano XT 2pot front and rear brakes. Location: Narre Warren North VIC Item Condition: used, perfect working order Reason for selling: no longer required. Price and price conditions: $250.00 + post Extra Info: right front is 90cms long, left rear is 152cms long. Bled, perfectly working...
  6. The Reverend

There's going to be more than one..

Deviate Highlander Frame Deviate Highlander XL with 150mm link Shock Cane Creek Kitsuma coil Fork Suntour Durolux RC2 36 170mm Drivetrain Shimano XT 32/46 Rear cassette Sunrace 11sp 11/46 Brakes Shimano XT Dropper post One Up Components 210mm Bashguard One Up Components Wheels Hope Fortus 30...
  7. The Reverend

Push HC97 vs RC2

Hi 'burners, I'm hoping someone has experience with these. I fancy replacing the RC damper in one of my Lyrik forks and am considering the Push HC97 or the standard RC2. Anyone have any experience of the Push option and how it compares? It looks pretty involved, but I wonder if it's THAT...
  8. The Reverend

Rockshox fork question

On my Lyrik RCT3 which are 2017 the same airshaft gives 10mm less travel when used on 29" chassis over 27.5". Is this still the case for 2019 and on? I ask as a mate tells me that the different chassis doesn't make a difference on Fox 36 so the same shaft gives the same travel on 29" / 27.5"...
  9. The Reverend

VIC SOLD Hope TechW35 wheelset on Pro4 hubs. Non Boost.

Front and rear Hope TechW35 wheels. 27.5" 142x12 rear 100x15 front Red hubs Straight pull spokes. Pro4 hub with brand new XD freehub. Includes Kenda Havok 2.8" tyres, used once. I was using 2.6" before on them. Price $475 I bought these brand new to run as an alternative to 29" when the...
  10. The Reverend

Keep it / Sell it...

Hi Burners, I've a question what's been on my mind for a while. One of my bikes is an almost perfectly preserved Trek Remedy 9.8 MY2017. 160mm front Pike X2 shock Carbon wheels with full XT. It's fun, and I do like it but almost every single ride I take the Banshee Prime. I've ridden it twice...
  11. The Reverend

Shock pressure during inactivity

As I'm not going to be riding my bikes for the next few months (possibly 6 - 9 in total) what's the view on the best way to look after the shocks and forks during this time? Leave them fully pressured up? Deflate them entirely, or part way? Just sit on them and give them a bounce from time to...
  12. The Reverend

Banshee Paradox V3

Finally got the bike completed, pending just a couple of parts. I'm waiting on a chainguide as well as a dropper post. Those will be with me in the next fortnight and I've got to let my shoulder heal up before getting on it. Over time I've had a range of parts sitting in the garage waiting to be...
  13. The Reverend

170mm fork recommendations..

I'm considering changing out the 160mm Pike on my Remedy for something at 170mm. The Pike is very nice but I'd like something with more adjustability, more supple off the top and generally supportive in fast successive hits. On the rear I'm running Fox Factory X2, but I'm wondering if there's...
  14. The Reverend

A new Banshee?

Of course the answer to this should, in my view, be yes... I saw this on IG yesterday. Seems a new Banshee Paradox is soon to be released. I'm not after a HT but if I were, this would be high on my list from the looks of it.
  15. The Reverend

203mm rotor frustrations.

This may well end up in another thread however I'm having some difficulties fitting a 203mm rotor to my fork without the brakes binding chronically. Fork: Rockshox Lyrik 29" RCT3 Rotor: Shimano 203mm XT deore Brake: Shimano XT M8000 Adaptor: Shimano F 203mm P/PM I'm coming off a 180mm rotor...
  16. The Reverend

FOUND Wallet at Lysterfield

Hi guys I found a wallet at Lysterfield today. Trying to find the owner before taking it to the cop shop later today. FB and LinkedIn coming up with nothing. If you've lost yours PM me and we'll see if this is it.
  17. The Reverend

29" wheels... Which ones?

Hi all, I'm pondering wheels for a bike to suit it and am keen for user perspective. Site reviews can be helpful but it's good to widen the net. The bike Banshee Prime 2018 running 160mm Lyrik and X2. Likely to drop the fork to 150mm. Me 100kgs and 1.93m tall. Happy to climb but I'm...
  18. The Reverend

Another Banshee

So finally my Prime frame arrived yesterday.. A late day in the office, longer commute and all sorts of other things between conspired to delay the build but I'm very happy with how it's turned out. Selecting this frame / build was a long story starting with the demise of my beloved Trek Fuel...
  19. The Reverend

Sold BNIB Bontrager Line Elite Boost wheels. 27.5" SOLD

Hi all, I'm selling my brand new in box, Bontrager Line Elite 30 wheels. They have never been on a bike, or had a rotor / cassette / tyre on them. Front and rear wheel. Boost hub spacing: (f) 110x15 (r) 148x12 27.5 size Alloy rims Shimano driver and 6 bolt rotor set up. 29mm internal diameter...
  20. The Reverend

Another which 29" frame / bike.

Having recently killed my Trek Fuel 29 frame I'm looking at replacements and I must admit I didn't think this would be that hard. Me: 100kgs 193cms tall with 36" inseam (long legs and arms) Riding: Lysterfield but prefer the very limited and select rowdier bits. Redhill, Buxton, Bright, YY's...