Search results

1. Asininedrivel

Electric Vehicles etc

Uh huh. I should've actually done what I wanted to do back in my 20s, mortgaged my brain and bought a Maloo, lived happily ever after doing skids then made money when I sold it. Ditto an R32 V-Spec II with about 12km on it I passed on. Moral of this story? Listen to your inner idiot. He knows...
  2. Asininedrivel

Electric Vehicles etc

Replace your car with a V8 and you'll fix that problem in no time.
  3. Asininedrivel

Bargain buys thread

The expensive ones (X01, XX1) are single piece machined steel, weigh very little and last forever, but yeah as you say it's hard to stomach the price when Shimano is so much cheaper. I recently picked up an XT cassette and am keen to see how the durability fares. Yeah same. Imo AXS is very...
  4. Asininedrivel

Can America be fixed?

Yep, and if Orange Jesus can't resurrect himself in November maybe Putin might choose this over the second coming. Or just plant some hand grenades in Trump's jet...
  5. Asininedrivel

Bargain buys thread

Yep, if you can get your head around paying $1500 for a groupset and have upgraded everything else on your bike, that's a bargain. The cassette alone is like $800 or something.
  6. Asininedrivel

Snakes

Yeah - either that or a Whip Snake maybe? They can have that black colouring on their heads too.
  7. Asininedrivel

The bike industry crisis

It sucks that it's the guys like GG and Pole who (despite their flaws) build stuff in house. Much bigger impact to the industry than some company who just onsells catalogue frames going under.
  8. Asininedrivel

Used SUV's ~$20K pref 7 seats

Also when you get one as a truly elite bike chariot then realise that the front wheels overhang too low off the rear tailgate and need to be taken off :/ Yamaha V8 no less, underrated engine. Even @Haakon would approve of one of these.
  9. Asininedrivel

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

No, read the decision. The Judge absolutely refutes all allegations of a cover up.
  10. Asininedrivel

Brake Pads

I use these in my TRP brakes and like them (surprisingly - normally I'm not a fan of resin pads). They're hard wearing, last a while and easy to decontaminate. Will contribute a fair bit of banter if the discs get wet, but if you're not riding in the rain it's fine.
  11. Asininedrivel

Little Things You Love

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-15/bruce-lehrmann-defamation-trial-judgment/103706656
  12. Asininedrivel

Bargain buys thread

Yep, @ozzybmx on the money - size 47. Even those sizes are moving quickly though - two days ago I had three choices in 47, today just one.
  13. Asininedrivel

Bargain buys thread

Just bought a pair, ugly but for $50 aesthetics are not an issue. Cheers.
  14. Asininedrivel

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Paging @hifiandmtb
  15. Asininedrivel

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Um yeah weird. No coil option?
  16. Asininedrivel

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Yeah a mate had a 350Z for a bit and didn't really rate it for the same reasons, but I'd still have one. Big, dumb and vaguely accessible - 370Z would be the pick for me.
  17. Asininedrivel

How many bikes is too many ?

Would love an alloy Intense frame in something approximating my size but they're pretty thin on the ground. Mmmm Foes
  18. Asininedrivel

OP wants an SUV with 4WD. Let's not turn this thread into another "utes suck buy a van" shitfight.
  19. Asininedrivel

https://www.carsguide.com.au/buy-a-car/volvo/xc90/under-$20000/7-seats Volvo XC90? Dunno what mechanical issues might exist for these at this mileage, but you could do a lot worse.