Search results

1. S

Sold 2021 Commencal Meta HT 24 SOLD

Item: 2021 Commencal Meta HT 24 Location: Northern Beaches Sydney Item Condition: Good - some scratches and a bit of cable rub Reason for selling: Not being used Price and price conditions: $900 pick up only Extra Info: Awesome kids bike. Currently with dirt jump/ skate park tyres, I think I...
  2. S

Teenager with life altering injuries - family needs help

Hey all Just wanted to bring to attention this Go Fund me for a young kid seriously injured riding at Red Hill in Sydney. (this from the Go Fund Me) On Sunday, September 10th, Fletcher Crowley, our nephew - and a fantastic 17-year-old kid, had a life-altering accident that left him with a...
  3. S

How to buy a car

Our car is cooked. We've spent a ton of money on it, mechanic has now said it's unsafe to drive (brakes and tires) and we've basically had enough. We now need a car pronto (my missus is a nanny and needs to drive kids around). Want to get a new-ish car (maybe 3yrs old or less). We will have...
  4. S

NSW NX Eagle cassette, derailleur, shifter SOLD

Item: NX Eagle cassette Location: Northern Beaches Sydney Item Condition: Excellent, taken off new bike, probably ridden about 25km Reason for selling: went 11sp Price and price conditions: $100 Extra Info: Very much prefer not to post Pictures: On request Item: NX Eagle derailleur Location...
  5. S

NSW SOLD CRACKED 2018 Canyon Exceed CF SL 6.0

Item: CRACKED 2018 Canyon Exceed CF SL 6.0 Location: Northern Beaches Sydney Item Condition: Cracked Chainstay non drive side. Surface rust from lack of use. Otherwise I think the parts are pretty good. Reason for selling: Cracked Price and price conditions: Make me an offer, I'll probably...
  6. S

Front wheel - 29 - boost XC-ish FOUND

Item: Front Wheel - boost - 29 6 bolt Location: Northern beaches Sydney Price range/Willing to Pay: Cheap - not really sure. $100-ish? Extra Info: Looking for a cheap and hopefully reliable front wheel. In the XC realm but doesn't need to be light.
  7. S

What to expect after a kid has a big crash...

I'm sure many here have experienced the sickening moment when their kid has a big crash. It's a terrible feeling. My poor kiddo (9 years old) had a big one on the weekend that resulted in surgery and 3 nights in hospital. Jaw fractured in 3 places. The recovery is pretty terrible too, jaw is...
  8. S

NSW 2018 Meta HT 20 SOLD

Item: Commencal Meta HT 20 2018 Location: Cromer 2099 Item Condition: Good (for a kids bike!) Reason for selling: Outgrown Price and price conditions: $650 firm Extra Info: Bike has definitely been used and as such has a number of scratches, scrapes and chips. Mechanically in great shape and...
  9. S

Sold 2016 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1

Item: Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1 (small) Location: Pick up only Cromer or North Sydney Item Condition: Good (a few paint chips) Reason for selling: Lack of motivation, want a hardtail Price and price conditions: $1800 Extra Info: Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1. Size small - I'm 171cm and it fits...
  10. S

Sold SOLD 2014 Fuel EX 9 for Sale

Item: 2014 Fuel EX 9 size 17.5 Location: Cromer or North Sydney NSW Item Condition: Fair Condition. Lots of scuffs on the frame and dropper is a bit flogged Reason for selling: the best reason - I have a new bike Price and price conditions: was $1400 now $1250 - pick up only Extra Info: Up for...
  11. S

Missing Person near Mardi/Ourimbah

A good mate of mine has gone missing near Ourimbah State Forest/Mardi area. He was probably running/bushwalking. He's very experienced and knows the area very well. Anybody see this person? https://www.facebook.com/kylie.mcc.9/posts/10155248033598060
  12. S

FOUND Wallet found Manly Dam

As above, let me know if you have lost a wallet at Manly Dam.
  13. S

Road bike body position

Anyone got any tips or experiences in how long it took for them to get used to the very different body position on a road bike? I just tried out a Giant Defy - a pretty non-aggressive riding position apparently and it felt REALLY weird. Being in the drops obviously felt the strangest but...
  14. S

XC Skills Course - Sydney

Tried to do a search but couldn't find much so thought I'd ask. After riding the Kowalski Classic I have come to realise that although I am a fairly average XC rider I would like to learn more. Some of the things I would like to learn are quite basic (like cornering) but I feel I am up for a...
  15. S

Really bad cable rub

On the weekend as I was cleaning my bike I noticed some really bad cable rub on the seat stay on my alu Trek. I look after my bike fairly well but this must have just passed me by and now it has rubbed a channel (probably 1.5-2cm long and 1-2mm deep) in the seat stay. There was a frame...
  16. S

SRAM Warranty

Has anyone ever noticed that when you buy a SRAM product (even from overseas i.e. an Ebay retailer) it comes with a warranty slip that has the following text: For Australian customers: This SRAM limited warranty is provided in Australia by SRAM LLC, 133 North Kingsbury, 4th floor, Chicago...
  17. S

Freehub Failure

What causes a freehub to fail? Loud crack (both times while applying a heavy load while climbing up some rock steps) and cassette spins freely both ways not engaging with the wheel. Don't think the body cracked - just the pawls or whatever. I've broken 2 now and I'm no gorrilla on the bike. The...
  18. S

Rear Hub axle keeps coming loose

I have a '14 Trek Fuel EX 9 with a 142x12 rear hub. The rear axle has somehow worked itself loose 3 or 4 times now. Any ideas on what can cause this, what I can check if something is wrong before I crash and die? Also how to prevent it. I am pretty sure I am doing it up pretty tight, it's...
  19. S

Air Dog - auto follow go pro drone

Not sure if this has been posted - I think this is wicked! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/airdog/airdog-worlds-first-auto-follow-action-sports-dron
  20. S

Secure side entry Bottle Cage

Can anyone recommend a cage that grips a water bottle like a frightened monkey? No $70 carbon cages please. Are side entry ones more or less secure than the normal ones?