Search results

1. P

Fox 32 damper reinstall....spinning shaft

Mine ****ing doesn't. ****FOX are idiots. And other fork and I wouldn't have to service it for twice as long.
  2. P

Don't use soap to get your tires to sit right.

Maybe, but why risk it? After cleaning all the nipples I used CRC yesterday.
  3. P

Don't use soap to get your tires to sit right.

It's the age of very tight tires thanks to the tubeless revolution. I am not tubeless, and was told to use soap and then to over-inflate to get by ri-goddam-diculously tight Bontrager FR4's to seat properly. The other day on a ride I broke a spoke nipple. Went to the shop to get a...
  4. P

Fox V RockShox

How the hell did you find that? It doesn't exist on their website: http://www.sram.com/rockshox/component/rear-shocks
  5. P

Front wheel DHF vs. High Roller

For DH, either wheel. Just don't reverse it. I actually do all mountain, so they're useless to me on the rear as I need to pedal uphill in the damp.
  6. P

Front wheel DHF vs. High Roller

Since you don't have to accelerate with the front wheel, can anyone give me pointers as to the DHF's advantages over a high roller? thanks, [p
  7. P

Painting Chinese carbon?

Pain fake stanchions on them mate!
  8. P

There is no allen key size on this planet for.....

XX. Aren't you supposed to be a cross country racer to use those things? In which case you just throw them away after each race because they've collected mud and so are too heavy!
  9. P

I haven't quite tried every size on the planet but, yes, I've tried imperial to no avail. My old, second hand, Code 5's were so rounded out that I had to use a hacksaw and make them flat-screw! Mine are CR 2010 aswell. Torx sounds much more sensible. Part of what you pay for when you get codes...
  10. P

Avid Elixir brake pad retaining pins. I think they are supposed to be 2.5mm, but there's just so much slack it's BEGGING for trouble!
  11. P

Choosing your username... THINK before you do it.

Haha! Almost - downhiller's: only slightly above teenaged basketball fans on the shallow scale!
  12. P

Pinch flats vs. fiddly tubeless - isn't there a better way?

Same, but then I wasn't using grease! I was more thinking that if you're cornering and you hit a pointy rock and your tires are (obviously) too low or you're real heavy, the tire is a little skew because it's trying to peel off the rim towards the inside of the corner, and the centre of the...
  13. P

Yeah I was thinking I could do an experiment but I don't really want to damage my rims. I have no problems with pinch flats and I only run 20-22psi. Watched the video. I'm still skeptical though. If it works, why do these downhillers still get pinch flats? I can conceive that if you pinch...
  14. P

Hahah Yeah I've never tried either. Don't intend to. I wouldn't be surprised if both are old wives tales.
  15. P

Ah, yeah, it looks like the inner higher pressure tube keeps the tire pushed against the rim! I've heard of lubing the tube with talcum powder, same idea I guess.
  16. P

Yeah, I think the reason that I can get away with such low pressures is that the tires are just such high volume that it'd be virtually impossible to pinch 'em. That and I'm not that heavy. Also my tires are impossible to seat on the rim without soap suds. Physically impossible, so ripping them...
  17. P

New downhill brakes

You must have lots of money. Share it around!
  18. P

Hmmmmn! So what is this system you refer to? What does it involve? My guess is it's another idea I had in pondering this problem and that it involves a lower pressure outer with a higher pressure inner. P.s. Not that I've ridden a GT but I'm not convinced about having the pedals jolt towards...
  19. P

I'm more commenting on the DH scene. I have a 2011 Trek Remedy with bontrager...idunno rims with bontrager FR4's '2.35' - though they look more like 2.5 - which I run tubed at only 20 and 22psi(!!!) and I've never had a pinch-flat. I'm 80kg, I probably ride only medium-violent, but I must say...