Search results

1. B

'07 Giant Glory DH 'M' Orginal. SOLD Plz Delete

Item: 2007 Giant Glory DH + Chucking in 661 Helmet, 661 Armour, Blur Goggles, Exhaustar armour, Raceface shinnies (all washed) Location: Melbourne, Pick up only Item Condition: Excellent Reason for selling: Not used enough Price and price conditions: $3400 ONO Will not split Extra Info...
  2. B

DH tracks Around Melb

Hi all, I am keen to start doing some DH riding locally. Up till now I have been riding up near Albury with one of my mates who lives up there. I have just upgraded my Stinky for a Giant Glory and am trying to do a bit more DH. I know it's a big ask, but can anyone help me out with...
  3. B

SOLD Plz delete 2006 Kona Stinky (Medium) Near New! $2100 ONO

Item: 2006 Kona Stinky Medium (15.5") Location: Essendon, Melbourne Item Condition: Excellent, condition barely used. Has a couple of rub marks on frame/forks from transporting in ute (see photo's). Cranks have a couple of scratches from rocks (see photo's). Approx 8 months old. Never...
  4. B

Whats wrong with '06 Stinky?

Just wondering why so many people are dissing the '06 Stinky..........I have just bought me a brand new one and ditched the front chain rings, bashgaurd etc. I have put on a 36 tooth black spire chain ring, Gamet chain device, DMR V-12 pedals so far. I rode the poop out of one of these at the...
  5. B

'04 NORCO RAMPAGE (Large) - SOLD

Item: 2004 Norco Rampage Northshore Hardtail Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Bike has been used only for trail riding and cruisin' around the streets. Never abused, always cleaned and serviced. Apart from a couple of stone chips etc (see photo's), it is in perfect condition. Reason for...
  6. B

How do I become a Climbing Machine?

Hi, I thought I was reasonably strong in the legs, until I recently competed in the Gravity 12 hour. I found that as soon as i came to the first hill my legs just burnt out! and I was having to push up everyhill, my lap times were by far one of the slowest. I was watching 13-14 yo kids ride...
  7. B

Kona Kula-Deluxe '05

Hi, I bought my '05 Kula-Deluxe a few weeks ago. I'm just wondering if there is anyone else out there that owns one, or has riden one. I absolutley love mine, it performs well and has some great gear on it, and I am going to do my first 12hour enduro on it in a couple of weeks ;) . I haven't...
  8. B

Clipless Pedals

I am into XC riding, and up till now I have always used platform pedals. When I got my new bike (Kona Kula Deluxe) a couple of months ago, I decided to start using shoes and cleats, everyone seems to think they are a lot better. I have been using them for a few weeks now, and I am still getting...
  9. B

Tyre Pressures

I would like to hear what sort of pressures people are running in their tyres for XC riding. I have got 26X2.0" tyres and I wouldn't have a clue where to start (in terms of pressures). Some people say over pressurize, some people say otherwise. Any ideas? I am generally on gravely/rocky...
  10. B

Norco Rampage Chainring setup

Wondering if anyone could give me a little advice. I have an '04 Rampage with a 32/22 chainring combo. I want to take off the front derailleur, and fit a chain guide. My preferred style of riding is technical stuff/mild downhill/rockgardens etc, what would be the best chain ring to use...
  11. B

Anyone live in western 'Burbs of Mebourne?

Anyone in the same shoes as me?. I have got myself an '04 Norco Rampage Hardtail, my problem is, there is nowhere to ride. Does anyone one have any good "local" trails they Know of? If there is anyone out there like me, drop me a line. Im good to go, I just need some places to go!