Search results

1. Grrilla

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Rotiform Aerodiscs - they are normal 5 stud wheels but use the billet centre hex nut to hold the disc on.
  2. Grrilla

Been a loooong time..

I probably should have mentioned, I stopped on the way home from picking it up for a quick 10 minute ride up and back down a fire trail.. 9m30s in and a random branch sheared through the spokes, flattened the rear and bent the derailleur cage :rolleyes:
  3. Grrilla

Been a loooong time..

Hey all, I used to be pretty active on here and on my bike - a ridiculously heavy old downhill rig. Always ridden bikes since about 4 years old, but I eventually stopped riding as gym and other pursuits took over. It's stayed in the back of my mind for a few years and lately I've been wanting to...
  4. Grrilla

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

My project car/financial burden, known as Benny.. 2015 BMW M135i, few things upgraded, used for picking up groceries and roll racing at SMSP.
  5. Grrilla

Rotorburn Leaderboard.

Good work! I tried squatting last night with no box and just a belt (i.e. no knee wraps). Hit 160x5, 180x3 and 200x1 all down below comp depth, all easy and very minimal knee pain. Even managed to do lunges for the first time in approx 8 months. Unfortunately I managed to give myself a very...
  6. Grrilla

Rotorburn Leaderboard.

Hmmm I could possibly be interested... when would this be on?
  7. Grrilla

Rotorburn Leaderboard.

Got the (single ply) squat suit out for fun Monday night. Ended up using the same box height as last week but left the knee wraps off and worked up to a 300kg squat with straps down. Knee feels fine now and while not to comp depth, was very fast so the plan is to have a go without the box in a...
  8. Grrilla

Rotorburn Leaderboard.

I believe they do. We have an Ivanko bar here and my mate has a couple of Eleikos, plus texas bars when I train up there so I'm pretty used to the comp bars. Think because I love the feeling of squatting, I love getting under the bar and knowing that if I don't lift it the weight will crush...
  9. Grrilla

Rotorburn Leaderboard.

I have previously competed equipped but I would say next time I compete it will be in GPC and their 'raw' does allow knee wraps. I'd like to have my bench up past 180kg and deadlift past 250kg before I compete though. I only have about 2 inches to drop the box squat to be below parallel so I'm...
  10. Grrilla

Rotorburn Leaderboard.

Good work! I'm permanently banned from Planet Fitness near our gym. So much for judgement-free... We've been doing some non-1RM work with varying ways of changing up the resistance. Although I did finally crack the 600 pound barrier on the box squat, at 280kg in belt and knee sleeves, at a...
  11. Grrilla

Rotorburn Leaderboard.

Thanks - was pretty awesome. We basically just asked him if he'd make the trip up after Worlds and he said yes, was very, very informative! I'm very lucky to be so spoilt when it comes to powerlifting advice haha
  12. Grrilla

Rotorburn Leaderboard.

Been a while since I've been in here. Looks like some good numbers coming through there Callan. I've been rehabbing patella alignment issues and haven't been able to squat or deadlift properly for the better part of 6 months. Rehab has involved box squatting, starting with a high box (about...
  13. Grrilla

Insurance claim denied: their word against mine

To OP: Did you end up resolving the claim? If not, and you would like some advice, please contact me via PM. I have several years experience in investigations/claims management from the insurer's side and should be able to tell you specifically how to respond. Cheers, Grrilla
  14. Grrilla

Track Bike - Bottom bracket question

Sorry I hope my reply didn't sound rude. The one I have already has started flexing and has come loose once, I took it to my bike place and they said one end of the spindle was slightly bent. I was under the impression that square taper is more prone to this than the splined type. For...
  15. Grrilla

Thanks but I was looking for something significantly stronger than the current BB setup, hence wondering if I can fit a downhill-specific BB in there instead of just replacing the existing one. It just seemed that the splined BBs are inherently stronger than the standard square-taper setup.
  16. Grrilla

I currently have as my 'alternative to DH' a 2012 Jamis Sonik track bike. It's good fun but I'm running into the same problem as the DH bike where everything is starting to give way under my weight. I wanted to ask if anyone has any experience in swapping out the bottom bracket and crankset...
  17. Grrilla

Crash Pics Thread

Not strictly from a crash, more Man vs Tools.. Not too many stitches but enough to put me out of my powerlifting comp the following weekend. Doctor was apparently not very experienced in stitching wounds, he was freaking out a bit and I was the one settling him down haha..
  18. Grrilla

DH - Mongoose Black Diamond Double

Also before anyone asks, weight has gone from 'heavy' to 'I don't want to know'...
  19. Grrilla

DH - Mongoose Black Diamond Double

Couple of changes to my trusty steed.. - Travis Triple forks, which resulted in a hot pink brake line to fit; - Da Bomb 750mm handlebars - Maxxis Minion 2.7 on the front; Wetscream 2.5 on the rear. - Rockshox Vivid 5.1?, with a 450 pound spring (this made a huge difference to the feel of...
  20. Grrilla

DH Helmet Recommendations

For anyone interested, I ended up getting a silver Urge Down-o-Matic on special at CRC. I measured my head at 57-58cm but got the L/XL and it's a perfect fit out of the box. Finally got a quick ride in the other day after an injury, the helmet is freakin awesome, superlight and...