Search results

1. Grrilla

Been a loooong time..

Hey all, I used to be pretty active on here and on my bike - a ridiculously heavy old downhill rig. Always ridden bikes since about 4 years old, but I eventually stopped riding as gym and other pursuits took over. It's stayed in the back of my mind for a few years and lately I've been wanting to...
  2. Grrilla

Track Bike - Bottom bracket question

I currently have as my 'alternative to DH' a 2012 Jamis Sonik track bike. It's good fun but I'm running into the same problem as the DH bike where everything is starting to give way under my weight. I wanted to ask if anyone has any experience in swapping out the bottom bracket and crankset...
  3. Grrilla

DH Helmet Recommendations

Hello all, After landing on my head a few times, I've decided it's probably a wise idea to get a new full face. Had a look on CRC and they currently have a special on two I like the look of - the Rockgardn Pearl and the Urge Down-O-Matic. Did a search on here and there's not really anything...
  4. Grrilla

Awaba DH Condition

For anyone that is interested, rode Awaba on Sunday evening. Track is in good condition, but watch out for loose debris (branches etc) across the track in the bush sections. Also, there are a few washed out sections after the rock garden through the curves, near the Wombat log. Also, in case...
  5. Grrilla

Steel Caps for DH?

Hello all, I did a search and couldn't find anything useful, so apologies if this is a repost... I'm onsite at a clients place today, and after getting decked out in my PPE I started wondering about whether steel caps could be used for riding DH. I've managed to fracture a metatarsal and...
  6. Grrilla

Sold - Hayes 9 F+R Brakes, 8" rotors, $100 or offers.

Item: Hayes 9 front and rear brakes. Location: Central Coast, NSW - will post at buyers expense. Item Condition: Very good Reason for selling: Upgraded to new Code R's Price and price conditions: $100 for the lot or offers, buyer to pickup or pay post. Extra Info: taken off a 2008...
  7. Grrilla

DH - Mongoose Black Diamond Double

Thought I'd through up a few pics of my toy - just started back into riding after a 4 or so year hiatus. Currently looking at changing front fork (thinking maybe dual crown?) and rear shock as I keep bottoming out on the current one. Any suggestions are welcome! Also, I have no idea if this is...
  8. Grrilla

Awaba DH

Hi all, Did a search and looked through all the DH threads and couldn't find an answer, so apologies if this is a repost... I'm looking at going to Awaba DH track this Saturday and seeing as my gf doesn't wanna do the shuttle duties for me, can anyone tell me: a) is it possible to ride...