Search results

1. B

What kind of postage speed do you expect from an Australian online retailer?

Not always.. depends if you and the seller have next day postcodes..
  2. B

I don't expect too much because I used to be one. It's hard to make a living selling bike parts.. Like.. I'd rather they post that day or the next morning, but where you live and where they dispatch can make a difference to delivery times, especially if you live in a small country town..
  3. B

Shimano WR 11-41t 10Spd Cassette.

the biggest one 11,12,14,16,18,21,24,28,32,41 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 3 -3 - 4 -4 - 9 the gear inch gap between 32 and 41 isn't as big as it seems if you need a bigger range than that , say for long steep climbs, better go 2x10
  4. B

Prototype GT Downhill Bike

650b wheels you rekon?
  5. B

Here's another option for 1 x 10: http://www.pinkbike.com/news/General-Lee-Wide-range-Cassette-Adapter-First-Look-2013.html
  6. B

+1 was considering putting together a custom cassette, but don't need it at this stage you never know... shimano might release something similar to compete with XX1...
  7. B

It depends. Near easter or xmas the post system is chockers maybe 2 weeks. Otherwise upto a week is reasonable snail mail. Depends how close you are to the seller too.
  8. B

Nice work mate! If you want to keep the spacing fairly similar, make the biggest tooth gap between the biggest 2 cogs at the back. In theory, the 41-34-28 24... combo seems the best, as the gear inch gaps are smoothest. How it turns out in the trail might be another story... Either way...
  9. B

Delete please

what size is the frame mate?
  10. B

DriveTrain help '11 SJ FSR comp

It's possible to run 22/36 or 24/38 up front. SRAM have those combos. You don't need a guard - unless you have a habit of getting speared by chainrings :) Unless you're riding in some steep mountains, 3x10 seems a bit much.
  11. B

air pressures for 92 kg guy on a 29er

Vittoria has an app for this: http://www.vittoria.com/app/
  12. B

which grips for AM/XC

LOL Saw some cool grips on a giant the other day.. they remind me dunlop volleys http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_generated/_generated_us/parts/products/images/430/41056-60_100pc_100pc_100pc_72dpiWIDE.jpg Alcohol won't help grips stick to the bar. Maybe stuff a bit of old tube in between?
  13. B

Persist with 29er or back to 26?

Give it a month or so to adjust. Most people don't go back.
  14. B

What is a faster upgrade from a Schwable furious fred for a commuter

Some other options are schwalbe city jets, michelin city's or duranos. As you get skinnier, the ride gets harsher. I used to run slicks. They were fast but harsh and had a few punctures.
  15. B

running 1x9 setup for AM

+1 11-34 cassette and a 32 up front would be a good place to start
  16. B

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Good to see some of the old GTs :)
  17. B

Hardtail or Dually

I prefer duallies. More comfortable.
  18. B

Recommend a good mechanic (melb area)

Is there anyone you recommend, in melbourne or sydney, that does good fork servicing? Ta.
  19. B

Bontrager: "Strong. Light. Cheap. Pick Two."

There is a way to get all three. Generic carbon fibre frames from china. How come there are many bits are free?
  20. B

SOLD SOLD SOLD 1996 gt lts-2

It is still for sale?