Search results

1. T

Comparing deals online. How you doing it?

Seems to break on mobile for me. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  2. T

Comparing deals online. How you doing it?

Are people using anything to compare best deals on parts and stuff? I tend to manually check the big online shops myself manually. Bikeexchange.com.au should have everything in one spot but doesn't seem to have the overseas retailers. People have a better way than a dozen browser tabs open...
  3. T

How to convert Giant Anthem 2014 to XT 12 mm through axle wheels.

You don't need the giant branded axle. You can save quite a bit of money using a specific generic axle. I'm pretty sure it was this one https://www.dtswiss.com/Components/RWS/RWS-E-Thru-rear which was available from heaps of stores. There are threads on it on other forums. Sent from my MotoG3...
  4. T

Converting notubes 3.30 rear hub

Thanks Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  5. T

Converting notubes 3.30 rear hub

Hi I've bought a 2nd hand wheelset which has 3.30 hub, currently in 12x142 with xd driver I need to convert to 135mm QR (5mm) This is the kit I believe. www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/stans-notubes-rear-axle-kit-qrx135-suit-3.30-3.30t Is this easy? Do I need to pull the cassette of? I...
  6. T

Thredbo summer rides

I'm planning on going down for a weekend. However I'm not a downhill rider, more cross country. Ride a trance 29er. I assume still worth going? Flow and all mountain look good as well. Any other non downhillers had fun?
  7. T

The New Dad thread

Love that. For first timers I recommend staying down the end without all the action. Can still be supportive and involved but less squeamish.
  8. T

Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

Yes quite enjoyed the various coffee in a cans when I was in Japan. Can you get them in oz?
  9. T

Dickheads.

I went mtb with a cop who cycles to work. He has a cheap ebay camera on side of his helmet (looks like a light). He reports motorists who are agressive like this and hands over the video footage. He said they were encouraging all cyclists to do this.
  10. T

Leave as is, upgrade frame, sell or part out

Hi all, I've recently bought a new bike and have been using my hardtail as a run-around and as a spare for friends. The base bike is a 2010 specialized rockhopper http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/archive/2010/rockhopper/rockhopperexpertdisc. The following has been upgraded (by...
  11. T

magura forks service sydney

Thanks I'll give them a call Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk
  12. T

magura forks service sydney

Hi all, Anyone recommend a place to get my Magura forks serviced in Sydney? (Prefer western syd but can go futher). Thanks
  13. T

Again roady advice and guidance.

As recommended only look at effective TT length. Other numbers are just confusing. I'm a fraction taller, also bride a medium trance and got my road bike second hand, m/l. I was on the lookout for anything with effective TT of 56cm. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  14. T

press fit bottom bracket end cap coming loose

The left hand crank arm doesn't seem to have any other hex screws holding it. Or am I missing something basic? See for example .
  15. T

press fit bottom bracket end cap coming loose

Hi, I've got a press fit bottom bracket (2014 trance x1) where the end cap keeps coming loose. (Holding the crank arm on). First time it came completely out and I took it my LBS who had a look and didn't see anything wrong. They tightened it up and it lasted for my next ride for a few...
  16. T

1st Roadie Purchase

I got mine 2nd hand. Couple years old hardly used carbon, 105 components for 900. Once you figure out your size in a few major brands and models, wait until you find something. People are always upgrading.
  17. T

Parents. Are they souless bastards?

I think you might regret it when you are older if you don't tell him how disappointed you are in him as a father, especially when you have your own kids. Him not contacting you is wrong. If he doesn't apologise the so be it, move on but at least you've told him. A few friends of mine in their...
  18. T

Think your a good rider until heading out with others

Know the feeling, went with some more experienced guys and they were always having to wait. But it was fantastic fun and pushed me heaps.
  19. T

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

I always wonder about the polls which have Malcolm Turnbull preferred leader of the libs. Is it lib voters that want that or is it just labor voters that say that but wouldn't vote for libs anyway. I think it will be interesting to see if the libs can hold party discipline if poll numbers...
  20. T

What if you could never MTB ever again?

I only saw part one of your story in the website, you have the other two up there? Felt a bit sick reading the first part. Great to see you helping others in this way. Must have been an incredibly difficult few years. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2